Suddenly become scared?

scotth1132

Had a quick browse and cant really find the advice I need so hoping someone can maybe help. My beardie has very recently - (last 7-10 days) become really jumpy and a bit more clingy. Could this be associated with the change in weather (got really hot here recently) or is it possibly something more serious. I haven't noticed any issues- she seems to eat etc as normal, wants to be out and running around but has been a bit more clingy than normal and sometimes if she is sat on the chair next to someone and they move she kind of jumps a little like she is nervous/scared. Even with me i have noticed it and she has never been like this before except when i first got her. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
I mean, I do think it is still around mating season for the beardies so your beardie may have claimed you as its mate.
I dunno

What ended up happening with your beardie? Im having similar issues. She clearly got spooked by something and now she has stress marks and is so skittish. At least shes eating but im so sad shes upset :( did you continue to handle yours to try and calm them or let them be for a few days?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardies (most) hate change. Changing their habitats, the room they are in, getting new pets. Ceiling fans are enemy #1. Look for anything thst might have changed.

Beardies (most) hate change. Changing their habitats, the room they are in, getting new pets. Ceiling fans are enemy #1. Look for anything thst might have changed.
No ceiling fans, I did add back something that was originally in her enclosure when she first got here. And I honestly don't think that's the problem because she loves it and is always sitting on it now. Unfortunately she hides behind it as well when i walk by...

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom