Sudden stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimKH

I got my baby bearded dragon for almost three weeks now. I feed baby dubias as a staple diet. So one day I decided to buy some treat. Mealworms!!!(I'm not gonna feed mealworms all the time, around 3 months once) I brought it home, decided to take some out for the baby beardie. The mealworm was on my palm and it ate the mealworm without hesitation. Then I realized there was stress marks. It was very sudden. Relocation stress was over for the baby beardie long ago. What is the cause?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stress marks can be caused by more things than you can count. Sometimes it's related to stress, sometimes they are just cold, sometimes it's because they are little princess's that want everything to just be absolutely perfect lol.

If your husbandry is fine and your dragon is acting fine and active and eating, I wouldn't pay it much more thought than that :)

-Brandon

LimKH

Original Poster
claudiusx":pcxcbqbp said:
Stress marks can be caused by more things than you can count. Sometimes it's related to stress, sometimes they are just cold, sometimes it's because they are little princess's that want everything to just be absolutely perfect lol.

If your husbandry is fine and your dragon is acting fine and active and eating, I wouldn't pay it much more thought than that :)

-Brandon
So it's ok? Do you think it might be the meal worm as this is the first time that the little guy ate/seen meal worms in a long time. Just curious :p
(Except the time where it's still with the breeder)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would doubt it. They see bugs like that as prey items and food, and it wouldn't necessarily stress them out. It might excite them, which could potentially cause "stress" marks. But the confusion really comes from the name - Stress marks - as they aren't always caused by stress. That's why I said I wouldn't pay them much thought if everything else seems to be fine :)

-Brandon

LimKH

Original Poster
claudiusx":2n9rqu35 said:
I would doubt it. They see bugs like that as prey items and food, and it wouldn't necessarily stress them out. It might excite them, which could potentially cause "stress" marks. But the confusion really comes from the name - Stress marks - as they aren't always caused by stress. That's why I said I wouldn't pay them much thought if everything else seems to be fine :)

-Brandon
Ok, thank you for your help :D. I may just be over thinking and hallucinating as I get really paranoid over small little things XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom