Substrates & Changing It Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, it sounds like the new baby is doing well and you're getting a lot of things squared away with Karrie's help. :) If I can make a suggestion, put the basking bulb and CHE on one side of the screen and pull your uvb bar closer to the middle on the other side rather than all the way to the back. That way she'll get better uvb exposure.

mpickering15

Original Poster
AHBD":3ak2dqz0 said:
Hey there, it sounds like the new baby is doing well and you're getting a lot of things squared away with Karrie's help. :) If I can make a suggestion, put the basking bulb and CHE on one side of the screen and pull your uvb bar closer to the middle on the other side rather than all the way to the back. That way she'll get better uvb exposure.
Yes ! The babies appetite improved a bunch since that new UVB went in :) big boy (I think boy!) ate 15 crickets today!!!! Huuuge improvement ? and healthy poops! Has pooped 3x in the 5 days they’ve been home!:)) now, I do not have a CHE because my house temp is rather on the warm side although it is winter. We have to keep the heat high bc we live in a one bedroom apartment in Indiana. Lol. So do you think it’s needed? I haven’t seen the temp go lower than 70-75 at night. Thank you both for your help!

mpickering15

Original Poster
mpickering15":ym5tjqi1 said:
AHBD":ym5tjqi1 said:
Yes ! The babies appetite improved a bunch since that new UVB went in :) big boy (I think boy!) ate 15 crickets today!!!! Huuuge improvement ? and healthy poops! Has pooped 3x in the 5 days they’ve been home!:)) now, I do not have a CHE because my house temp is rather on the warm side although it is winter. We have to keep the heat high bc we live in a one bedroom apartment in Indiana. Lol. So do you think it’s needed? I haven’t seen the temp go lower than 70-75 at night. Thank you both for your help!

Also, my basking area heat has improved since I changed to proper lights and such. But it’s sitting at about 109.9-110. I am keeping an eye on the temp. She’s seeming to love it haha basking At the moment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear that she's eating so well ! And no CHE at night if your house is that warm. I wasn't sure if you were using it along with the basking bulb to keep the temps. up, forgot if that was the case.

mpickering15

Original Poster
AHBD":gbdw58nj said:
Good to hear that she's eating so well ! And no CHE at night if your house is that warm. I wasn't sure if you were using it along with the basking bulb to keep the temps. up, forgot if that was the case.
thank you!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom