Substrate.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I've just been looking around at pet stores and websites and just doing some general reading and have found conflicting info. What would be a good substrate.? Toothless had the repticarpet, which wasn't bad, only crickets would get up under it because it was rolled and wouldn't ever completely flatten out. Also, would a running water source be better.? He also wouldn't ever drink water and google said they don't recognize standing water as something that will quench them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
None adhesive shelf liner or textured tile make good substrate.
I tried running water with my first beardie. She looked at it for all of 20 seconds and never showed any interest again.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
None adhesive shelf liner or textured tile make good substrate.
I tried running water with my first beardie. She looked at it for all of 20 seconds and never showed any interest again.
Do you happen to have a link to the shelf liner you like.?

Also, what about misting.? Is that an okay thing to do once a day or not.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I use tile in mine, but you can get the shelf liner at lowes or home depot. Also at the grocery store. The last i bought was on the big rolls like carpet and he cut it to the size i needed. You can mist, but i was always afraid i would get it in their ears and nose so I've always used an eye dropper and i feed hornworms along with it. (Hornworms are great for hydration but they will get addicted to them and refuse other feeders)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom