Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstang429

I have a 55 aquarium we are looking to setup for a cute beardy we fell in love with. Thing is he is way undersized. Not a juvenile but juvenile sized. So we planned on using carpet to line the tank. I am looking to get the carpet from lowes or homedepot and when I look at there outdoor carpets I cant tell whats the right one to get. There green grass like just seems cheap and easily frayed. Home depot list three styles on there sight.
Needlepunch
Made of Olefin fiber with the look of indoor carpet rather than grass, this outdoor carpet option comes in a variety of colors and styles.
Artificial Grass Carpet
Ideal for walkways, porches, decks and more. Artificial grass carpet can be installed over almost any surface as long as it is smooth and dry.
Marine Carpet
Convenient and attractive carpeting solutions for pool decks, marine and other boating applications.
This little guy is 8 months old but only around 5 inches in length. I am hoping to get a healthy hope setup fast and adopt him before someone else adopts him.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
which ever looks best to you would be good (i know it is more expensive but i use repticarpet because i know for a fact it is safe)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I would get his basic needs and get him now before someone else does. You can get the frills later. Just use paper towels for now.

tstang429

Original Poster
Well we went back up to the rescue today to buy a bunch of stuff. Got the dome for the heat lamp. Serveral rocks digging dish and climbing branch along with a hide. We also got a 40 gallon breeder everything out the door was 85. Talked to them that we want to adopt the little guy and they said fill the application out if approved the will hold him for a week. They also told us if you go out of town the offer free boarding with the hope we would donate to them and bring in sufficient food for the little guy. Really cool place. I was happy to buy as many supplies as i could from a non profit rescue. Will post some pics when i get the housing up tonight and pics of him when we get em.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
tstang429":7w53hr0a said:
They also told us if you go out of town the offer free boarding with the hope we would donate to them and bring in sufficient food for the little guy.
Wow, that's a really great option to have available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom