substrate and bulb help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 3 year old femal bearded dragon and i was wondering what bedding to use currntly she has repti carpet also should i use a tight beam for a heating lamp or an all over(what im using)also i dont know if it makes a difference but she is in a 60 gallon cage

thank you and please help

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
repticarpet is fine. I think it's a pain in the butt but, as long as you wash it properly then no worries. I prefer tiles myself but newspapers, paper towels, and repticarpet are all acceptable IMO.

As for the light, well, that is entirely up to you. As long as your temps are where they need to be...tight beam or flood doesn't matter. I personally prefer flood because it gives a bigger basking area with more choice. It also gives the cage a lot more light. What are you temps with the tight beam right now? (basking and cool side) Also, what kind of thermometer are you using to take those with?

I use sand easy to pick up their crap and looks real good. some many people are gonna tell you dont use sand impaction. yeah right i know many people that use sand and never had a problem its only a probably if their like 2 months old sitting their eating it they'll get impaction.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Vallone188":5a020 said:
I use sand easy to pick up their crap and looks real good. some many people are gonna tell you dont use sand impaction. yeah right i know many people that use sand and never had a problem its only a probably if their like 2 months old sitting their eating it they'll get impaction.

just so you know smart guy....impaction is not the only reason that so many people here are against it. In addition to that risk, it also carries a major risk of harboring bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom