Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Neosmom!

@Shannybeard: Thanks! I love Stella's colors... Technically she is just a high yellow, but I've never seen those orange splotches before, and I'm glad they haven't faded! Aww, poor Papa Smurf. Their sheds seem to annoy them a lot more as they get older.

LOL, Stella practically lives in that thing. Its filled with Eco Earth, and she loves making a little burrow and kicking dirt out everywhere. :roll: It's kind of big and bulky though... That's my one complaint about it!

You're welcome! I love getting inspiration by looking through pics LOL.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
So, yesterday Stanley decided to have a prolapsed hemipene. :( I called the vet, and if he didn't have it amputated it would get necrotic and cause infection, which would kill him. I had to go to work 30 min after I found all this out, so my mom took him to the vet for me, and they are doing the surgery tomorrow morning and I will get him back on Monday. :( I guess the vet wasn't too concerned about it, but I'm really worried about the little guy... He will have to be lightly sedated. Ugh. What a wonderful way to start the weekend.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess":1sfscfo5 said:
So, yesterday Stanley decided to have a prolapsed hemipene. :( I called the vet, and if he didn't have it amputated it would get necrotic and cause infection, which would kill him. I had to go to work 30 min after I found all this out, so my mom took him to the vet for me, and they are doing the surgery tomorrow morning and I will get him back on Monday. :( I guess the vet wasn't too concerned about it, but I'm really worried about the little guy... He will have to be lightly sedated. Ugh. What a wonderful way to start the weekend.
Poor Stanely!! Let us know how he does :(

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Oh no poor Stanley! I hope lil Stan will be okay :D Best of luck.

I looked at your latest pictures, the gang looks great! Happy belated birthday! Also RIP to Wink, he really was a cute guy when he was a baby! Dudley is looking as great as ever, that adorable little face :D Stan and Stella are looking great too! Hoping that all goes well for Stanley's surgery!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks guys, the vet called me this morning and he did fine. :) I'm glad I was able to spoil him with hornworms this week... Hopefully that makes him feel a little better about this! I can't wait to get him back on Monday.
I seriously love my vet so much though. They gave me a discount on his surgery, so I'm giving them one of my DIY rocks and maybe a hornworm/roaches for their clinic beardie. :)

BTW, hornworms are officially gecko crack. I've always left Stella's food in her dishes so she never really associated me with food... But after she's seen me bring her worms this week, she completely freaks out and follows me when I walk be her viv LOL. :roll:

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
hornworms are officially gecko crack.

LOL OMG.

I'm so glad to hear that Stan did well!

That's awesome that your vet did that for you. And you're so kind to give back to them! Judging the DIY rocks in Dudley's tank, I'm assuming they're going to get one nice-looking DIY rock! haha.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Jess":3tthwo75 said:

BTW, hornworms are officially gecko crack. I've always left Stella's food in her dishes so she never really associated me with food... But after she's seen me bring her worms this week, she completely freaks out and follows me when I walk be her viv LOL. :roll:
I think we need a video!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Yay, I'm glad Stanley is going to be ok! I know what you mean about the hornworms, when Sarth sees me grab the cup with them he flies up to the front of his tank. He's actually gotten pretty good at getting his head in there and picking out his own lol, which is great because I don't have to touch them!

On another note, that's cool that you're going to stick around here for college! I did that when I graduated too. As to being a vet or vet tech, my aunt is a small animal vet, she went to UC Davis for her vet schooling. I'm not sure how long she was there, I wanna say 5 years? I was only 7 or 8 when she graduated. She makes buckets of money though and is senior enough at the place she works she only works 3 days a week. My sister in law is a vet tech, the place she was at before she moved paid her decently but her hours were pretty awful. She's living with my mom now while my brother is in Afghanistan and is working for the vet at Petsmart, I think it's the Banbro one? She doesn't get paid very much there but the hours are a bit better. I guess it kind of depends on what you want to do!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I'm sorry to hear about Stanley, but glad to hear he is okay. Hornworms are definitely the favorite in my house. I was getting so worried when Fluffy got ultra picky and was losing a bit of weight. But regular hornworms in the diet and she is fattening up just beautifully. :mrgreen: Of course, Dudley doesn't look like he has ever had that problem. :wink: He is such a cute little pudge butt! I just love checking his pictures.

Advice from an old lady that you can take or leave as you wish... I have never once in my life regretted choosing the more difficult path that took longer and required more work to reach the larger goal. Many times I have regretted choosing the easier. It might not seem that way during school, but twenty years from now you will be glad for any extra work that you put in. (And I think you would make an AWESOME vet.)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
So, Stanley came home today safe and sound! :) He enthusiastically demolished his food as usual, so he seems to be feeling just swell now LOL.

And yeah, going away for college meant leaving my babies... So that isn't going to happen! :p This way I can still work and save up, so I'm not completely broke when I'm done with college. How long it takes to go to vet school is what is making me a little unsure about it, because I would much rather be out of school and working right away like if I became a vet tech. Most of the techs I've talked to are telling me to be an actual vet though. :| It's all so confusing.

Hornworms are now considered almost as disturbing as my roaches. Today I went to get them from the basement, and they were caked in this brown goopy stuff (food?). So I took them out and tried to wipe them off with a papertowel. Then one of them started oozing a snot-like substance, so I abandoned my cleaning mission and threw them back into the basement. :puke: I've now been informed that they start to shrivel up...?!? :shock:
Still not quite as nauseating as when I witnesses baby roaches eating their mom alive from the inside-out, but it's up there. I really hate bugs.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess":rbn43sp0 said:

Hornworms are now considered almost as disturbing as my roaches. Today I went to get them from the basement, and they were caked in this brown goopy stuff (food?). So I took them out and tried to wipe them off with a papertowel. Then one of them started oozing a snot-like substance, so I abandoned my cleaning mission and threw them back into the basement. :puke: I've now been informed that they start to shrivel up...?!? :shock:
Still not quite as nauseating as when I witnesses baby roaches eating their mom alive from the inside-out, but it's up there. I really hate bugs.
LOL! I know the horns can get so gross. I'm surprised you still have enough food left in the cups for them to get so big that they pop when you touch them! I fed my last ones off on Saturday and they were so huge :shock: Usually they run out of food when I still have 5 of them left and the lizards are too full to eat them :p
Once I had a piece of spinach in Sarth's tank, and a hornworm he hadn't eaten decided to munch on it. Then it started oozing, it was soooo disgusting. And yea, a few times I put a worm in the tank and thought Sarth ate it, but really it had gotten stuck behind a piece of furniture. About a week later I found it and it was shriveled up and black and crispy :X They are such gross feeders but the lizards love them too much!

I'm glad Stanley is ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom