Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Good luck, my daughter wants to work there too. Out here in missouri, they are opening a brand new over.

They would be stupid to say no to you!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! :D I actually had an interview for them last year too, but I was rejected LOL. They do weird group interviews, and I wasn't prepared for it at all, but at least I know what to expect thing time.

@Evenescent: Yeah, they're a chain. Not exactly my favorite pet store, TBH, since they sell puppies and they have been knows to purchase from puppymills. :| But they are the only pet store that will hire people under 18. Their reptiles are better than Petco though, IMO. But a lot of the people who work there don't know much about the animals at all (Examples: A couple years ago I bought some fish there, and all of them died from shock on the way home... So I had to go back and lecture them on why it's important to put Stress Coat in their bags. I've been told that my beardie would thrive on a diet of pinkies... Ect.) so I figured I could do some good there, since I've had most of the pets that they sell there.

And I'll look for pics of Ameki! Sounds exciting!! :D

evanescent

Juvie Member
Ugh Pinkies D:
and yeah, lol, the group interview thing certainly does sound weird o_O
again, I hope you get the job.. you'd probably/definitely be a great asset there. :)

Ugh puppies DX
I have never seen a puppy in a store anywhere near me and I am happy about that :/
and only one with kitties, but the cats were friendly and well taken care of, so that was o.k. I guess D:

If I ran a pet store, it would be filled with refurbished CL pets. >__<
they would come with printed versions of the CL ads and their life stories. O:

Jess":10hctzbc said:
And I'll look for pics of Ameki! Sounds exciting!! :D
yesss!
and ohmigosh she's very fat and the colour of a freaking cheeto with tiger stripes! O_O
I am going to have the biggest photo shoot ever when I get the chance xD
need ta show her offff

Edit: her name is Akemi! Ugh! Really bad typo, I am so tired right now D:

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck on your interview Jess! That is weird I have never heard of a group interview. The most I've ever had in 1 room was 3 and that was for a job at Target corporate. Retail is ok, the hours can be crappy though depending on where you work :( I had to work at a shop in the mall once, so 10pm closings were not uncommon, or working until midnight on Xmas eve :roll: But having your own income is sweeeeeet :mrgreen:

So it was only humid where you are today? Man, we got a wicked thunderstorm up here. From about 1-3 it was howling wind and sheets of rain, so much that the streets around my work were flooded up above the sidewalks. At least it's nicer out now, although I'm sure the mosquitoes are out in force :p

Looking forward to Sarth's new platform! My husband said he found one of the hornworms I left in there for him this morning eating the foam off the back of the one I made, so he took it out right away :shock: I didn't grout that part because I figured it would be up against the side of his tank so it didn't need it...guess not >.<

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, the group interview kind sucks. There were, like, 6 or 7 people at it last year and I'd never had an interview before so I was pretty surprised! And nervous. Which is probably why I didn't do so well. :roll:
I talked ot someone who used to work there, and apparently the salary is on commission too? I have NO idea how that's gonna work. But, working there is better than no job at all! Plus, I could very possibly end up with a cute, sick little beardie (Or other reptile) who needs some TLC and a loving home... :wink:

@Evenescent: I totally want my own little reptile shop someday, that rehomes them and only sells supplies that won't kill them. That's kinda my goal in life right now LOL.
And you need to post pics of Akemi soon!!!

@Jen: No, we had some instense thunderstorms here too! A couple days ago was the humid day. Poor Dudley didn't wake up until 7:00 PM when I put him on his basking spot... And he's still half asleep LOL.
I'll start the grout on it tomorrow, I was being lazy today LOL.
Eww, I hate it when that happens with stupid worms. Supers ate the silicone off of my 40 gal, ate my shelf liner, and crawled into this little hole in my first sculpture I made. That this must have at least 3 or 4 dead supers within it.
But don't worry, I grout the backs/bottoms of them, LOL! Only 2 or 3 coats though, since those parts don't see much wear and tear. What color did you want me to make yours?

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":3vvu5h54 said:
I totally want my own little reptile shop someday, that rehomes them and only sells supplies that won't kill them. That's kinda my goal in life right now LOL.
And you need to post pics of Akemi soon!!!
Ohmigosh yessss...
my plan since I was a kid has been to save up a ton of cash throughout my normal career and when I retire open a petshop that sells only rescue animals(dream has since expanded to involve CL) and doesn't have anything low quality(I.E. Kaytee foods or teeny cages or 'guinea pig food' that contains alfalfa) but make it all discount.. it wouldn't be out for profit, and would probably only make what it needed to survive.. and actually would donate parts of profit to animal shelters.. Probably a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be amazing?

Also for the CL animals adoption papers would included printed copies of the CL post and a type-up of any other info we have of the animal's life story. ^.^

Originally it was gonna be rabbit/hammy/guinea pig-based, but since then I decided reptiles need the help more than mammals do. I still find it sad the humane society and PETA don't believe in reptile rescues..

Also: I will! Akemi needs web pixx. And her own thread(kinda, I mean she'd share it with Frey and Fizzy too).. I keep wishing my phone had a camera ;^;
her prettiness needs to be shown off!
She's literally the brightest beardie i've ever seen and would make a lovely breeder except we'd have to be sure her handicapped legs are situational rather than some genetic thing, and I am not a breeder, but if I were she'd make awesome babies. o_O

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess":3c66m7p6 said:
Yeah, the group interview kind sucks. There were, like, 6 or 7 people at it last year and I'd never had an interview before so I was pretty surprised! And nervous. Which is probably why I didn't do so well. :roll:
I talked ot someone who used to work there, and apparently the salary is on commission too? I have NO idea how that's gonna work. But, working there is better than no job at all! Plus, I could very possibly end up with a cute, sick little beardie (Or other reptile) who needs some TLC and a loving home... :wink:

@Jen: No, we had some instense thunderstorms here too! A couple days ago was the humid day. Poor Dudley didn't wake up until 7:00 PM when I put him on his basking spot... And he's still half asleep LOL.
I'll start the grout on it tomorrow, I was being lazy today LOL.
Eww, I hate it when that happens with stupid worms. Supers ate the silicone off of my 40 gal, ate my shelf liner, and crawled into this little hole in my first sculpture I made. That this must have at least 3 or 4 dead supers within it.
But don't worry, I grout the backs/bottoms of them, LOL! Only 2 or 3 coats though, since those parts don't see much wear and tear. What color did you want me to make yours?
Commission eh? I would definitely get clarification on that in your interview. Some jobs are salary+commission but others are commission only which can be tough if you're not very good at sales (like me :p ) Luckily I've never had to work a commission job...the only thing similar was at Suncoast we had to push services/products at people...like, want to look through our upcoming release list and make a reservation? ($5 deposit). If they paid with a credit card, I had to ask them if they would like to sign up for a free trial of Entertainment weekly. I think there was one other thing too...OH yes, the Suncoast club card :p So the way it worked was whoever sold the most of those things I mentioned, they gave that person more/better hours. Not fun if you don't like pushing those sorts of things on people (I know I hate it when that's done to me!)
I think the worst part was there were "regulars" who would come in and make reservations...and even if I was at the register they would only make reservations with their friend/my coworker, basically lowering my count :(

Anyway! I think a beighish/tannish color would be good for the rock. His slate and flagstone are pretty dark so the contrast would be good, and it would be closer to the oak color of his viv walls :D I'm going to have fun redecorating his home when we get back from CO!

Wow supers sound nasty, lol! I ordered some once to see if he would like them during his hunger strike. He ate 5 I think then never touched them again, and yes I also noticed they chewed on everything! But yea in any case hubby has banned me from leaving more than 1 horn in the cage all day (then there's no question of which one at the foam) :( Sarth seems to be losing interest in them again anyway so I'm going to try reptiworms once more, and I guess he better eat them or his dubia or go hungry :p Silly dragons.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Beezer!

@Evanescent: LOL, me too! I was looking through some ancient stuff of mine, and I found these diagrams I drew of how my future animal shelter was going to look. The store I adopted Dudley from (Leaping Lizards) is kinda like the reptile store I would love to have. They sell reptiles, but they have a lot of them that people surrender too and they are always re-homing beardies.
I don't understand why almost all animal organizations hate reptiles. I'm pretty sure that PETA just wants to kill all companion animals though, so I don't think it's just reptiles for them.
BTW, this reminds me... On this vegetarian forum that I'm on (I hardly ever post there, I can't stand most of the people) someone started a thread about snakes and other reptiles, and all these people were posting about how horrible they are for keeping reptiles because they need live food, and someone even suggested killing the snake so that it wouldn't eat more mice, since mice are so much cuter. I mean, WTF?! There are some seriously messed up people out there, when it comes to reptiles.
Less talk, MORE PICTURES. :p I really want to see her!

@Jen: Yeah, I'm gonna ask more about it. I'm usually pretty good at convincing people to buy things LOL (I convinced someone to buy a leo gecko I sold them my spare set-up, instead of the turtle the employee was trying to get her to buy, at Petland. So I've officially out-sold one employee there.) but I just don't want to push products on people that I know are crappy. So we'll see how that works out I guess.
But that's so mean! And so not fair. :(
OK, I'll make it the same colors as Dud's then, if that's alright!
LOL, compared to Sarth, Dudley is seriously deprived. :roll: He gets supers and crickets, and that's it. I'm pretty excited about getting some dubia though!

And apparently Dudley has a thing for crunchy dried up veggies. :lol: I gave him some bok choy and squash last night when I wok him up, but he didn't eat any. I left it in the cage over night, and I was going to change it in the morning. But when I woke up, he had devoured it all! :shock: He hasn't been interested in greens for a couple days, so I'm kinda surprised LOL.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Yea that's fine for the color, I like Duds!

And that is hilarious about the greens! Sarth used to do that all the time, I'd be sitting here and hear this *skitter skitter crunch crunch crunch* and look over to see him chowing down his dried up greens from the day before :roll: Now he decided he will do fresh greens only for the time being :lol:

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Lol that is funny about the dried up greens :D Jackie loves her greens so much she snatches them out of my hand before it hits her bowl. Fred likes to eat them fresh too, but when I'm not looking lol

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Yoshi does that if I take too long to feed him in the morning! He makes a big show about crunching on his dried up greens and then taps his snout on the glass to get my attention! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom