Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@CHRISTLIKECHEF: Thanks! :D I'll PM you about the rock.

@Bowsersmo-... Err, Littlebirdy! You got your name changed! :D Haha, all these name changes are starting to confuse me a little. :roll:
Thanks! They lay around in much random positions LOL.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
The new viv looks great Jess! Don't worry I'm sure Dud will come around :lol:

Quick question, what do you use for the main material for the rocks? I got some polystyrene from Lowes I think that's 3/4 inch thick - if you can use that let me know and I'll bring it down with Sarth. Then maybe my husband will stop nagging me to "clean it up" (it's stacked neatly in a corner of the basement :roll: )

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks!

I use sheets of foam, so that would be perfect if you wanted to bring it! :D
Do you want me to start it this weekend, or should I wait until you bring your foam?

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
If you have the stuff you can start it whenever, I think you said they take about a week to make so there might not be enough time if I bring it with Sarth? Up to you though!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ok, yeah I'll start it sooner then. :D I didn't know if you wanted it made with your own foam or something, LOL.

And guys, I have some epic news!! According to Steven from Bloodbank, Dudley is a "short snout" or "pug" beardie!! :shock: Here is what he said about Dud:

Dudley is one of the best looking short snout dragons I have ever seen. He has a perfect ballance of facial proportions with an ideal structure.

Cute button nose without the extreme eye buldging.

Very nice.

:D

Steven Barnes

So know I know why he looks so different! :mrgreen:
There aren't many breeders of short snout beardies, so I'm wondering if I could figure out where he came from? Probably not LOL, but I've always wanted to know!

Here are some more short snout beardies. It's hard to find much about them!
http://www.repticzone.com/forums/BeardedDragons-Breeding/messages/2144504.html
http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy158/agama63/Bearded%20Dragons/?action=view&current=BDshortnose4.jpg&mediafilter=images
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249404

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Daggone it Jess, I did not need to know that I too could own an adorable Dudley-like beardie. Seriously, Clovis gives me quite enough stress, what with not eating salads like a normal beardie *grumbles while googling short snout bearded dragons*

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Dudley is sooooo cute and now he's even cuter now that he has a name to the cuteness and the pictures dudley studley even cuter :love5: :love5:

WyattKB

Hatchling Member
Dud is a pretty handsome guy but one question.. Is his tail chopped a little bit or was he born like that? Just curious :) Great new viv!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
That's cool that you know exactly why he's so darn cute! I didn't realize that was an actual trait, I just figured it was just Dudders! :)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hehe, thanks everyone. :D I think we should all create a small army of short snout beardies. I LOVE the pictures of the little babies!

@Littlebirdy: Aww, come on... One more cute little beardie wouldn't hurt! :lol:

@Wyatt: He was like that when I got him, but it looks like it was bit off because the end of it is all scarred and weird looking.

@Kidster: I think it would say if she was? Compared to the other baby short snouts I saw, her face looks a little longer to me. But I'm no expert LOL.

@Sashee: I know! I'd never even heard of a short snout before. It's all so random. In a way though, I kinda still wish he was "one of a kind", but it's neat to be able to put a name to it too, and know I have a rather "rare" kind of beardie LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and guess what? Today, Dudley set one little foot on the bottom step of his stair case. It's progress! :wink:

evanescent

Juvie Member
This explains so much! O_O

Awa, he's still special.
He doesn't have the weird eyes or disformed cheekbones the other short snouts do. /shot
they're still adorable, though. he's just...more adorable. =P

Maybe that's why he was such an amazing stud? (;
But dude, if he was a stud before you got him...
does that mean that there are mini dudleys running around somewhere?! o_O
Never put two and two together until now, lol.

Butyeah, that's so weird.. short snout beardies.. never heard of.. o:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I KNOW!

Hehe, IMO he looks cuter than some of the other adult short snouts... I might be a tad biased though. :roll:

Yes! :D I actually met one of his babies! He was really cute, and he only had about an inch of a tail because the rest was bit off. But Dudley was surrendered with his mate and two of his babies. I couldn't convince my mom to let me adopt the whole family, but I took him back for a visit once. :(
But yeah, for all I know there are hundreds of mini Dudleys out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom