Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Haha, I'm the one and only Jess now! :mrgreen: I feel so special.

And today's events shall include an episode of Extreme Viv Makeover: Beardie Addition. :p So, stay tuned guys!

jemiluc

Yay! Can't wait to see his Viv Makeover. A friend of mine said he'd help me convert a dresser into 2 vivs, since I have 2 beardies. All the pics I've seen are of long dressers. I want to try it with a tall dresser. I still haven't figured out how to get pictures on here. And it doesn't help that they are all on my phone.

Congrats on the no numbers thing! I noticed you changed your signature, very cute!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Jemiluc: Good luck with the dresser conversion! I was thinking of doing that before I found my current viv.
And thanks!

Soooo... Here is Dud's newly re-designed cage! :mrgreen: So far, I think he hates it. :roll: He is having some relocation stress, and he refuses to try out any of the new additions. I tempted him to step his front feet onto the ramp with some crickets, but that's about as far as he has gotten so far LOL.

The whole viv:
DSC01909.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

Close-ups:
DSC01902.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

He found a new head rest:
DSC01911.jpg

On his decorations (I put him there, of course.)
DSC01912.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

The awesome rock I found in SD! It's a lot prettier and super sparkly IRL though.
DSC01903.jpg

While I was re-arranging everything, he curled up under a step-stool and glared at me.
DSC01897.jpg

Being cute and cuddly earlier:
DSC01891.jpg

And here are a few that I took today. :D

Mr. Grumpy Gills basking.
DSC01917.jpg

Passed out on his basking rock a couple of minutes ago, LOL.
DSC01939.jpg

And I took a few pictures of him posing on the DIY rock I made for Tastiger, for advertisement LOL. :D I'm planning on selling them on CL, so I wanted some nice pics and this was the only one that fit in my light box! So hopefully this one will be big enough to last Casanova through adulthood, unless he outgrow Dudley!
DSC01926.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

evanescent

Juvie Member
Ohmigosh those look so amazing >__<
Dud's viv is beautiful..

Question though, how do you clean it??
my babies always poo all over their rocks and stuff and then walk in it and it's soo hard to clean.. *looking for easier options*

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Dud has "potty trained" himself to go on the linoleum, so I think he has only pooped on the basking rock once or twice. It's pretty easy to clean though: I pick up his poop with a paper towel, wipe off the area with some anti-bacterial wipes (They smell like lemons!) and wipe it again with a wet paper towel so no chemicals or anything are left behind.

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":3sqp6nc3 said:
Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Dud has "potty trained" himself to go on the linoleum, so I think he has only pooped on the basking rock once or twice. It's pretty easy to clean though: I pick up his poop with a paper towel, wipe off the area with some anti-bacterial wipes (They smell like lemons!) and wipe it again with a wet paper towel so no chemicals or anything are left behind.
I wish mine would do that. =<
almost every day there is poop on their basking rock. the thing weighs like 10 lbs and is really a bunch of smaller rocks glued together(to make a cool cave :D), so it's really annoying to have to take out of their viv to clean. Oh, and today it broke! T_T I put it back together, and I think/hope it's stable.. but still. I wish they cared more about hygene too. They step in poo, and then glassdance. I come home to the most glorious messes. >__<

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Dudley studely is cute as always little Bowen on this end is gettin a Dudley belly hehe I held him and his back arched cause his big belly hehe Srry for the small hijack

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Evanescent: Ewwwww! I feel your pain though: Wink used to do that. It was SO nasty. He would lay down in it, walk through it, smear it everywhere... And once he even pooped in his food dish and drowned a dozen superworms in his crap. :( So I'm greatful to have a cleanly beardie now, LOL!
@Pyrovamp: Hooray for Dudley Bellies! They are so squishy. :love5:

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":25mktrke said:
@Evanescent: Ewwwww! I feel your pain though: Wink used to do that. It was SO nasty. He would lay down in it, walk through it, smear it everywhere... And once he even pooped in his food dish and drowned a dozen superworms in his crap. :( So I'm greatful to have a cleanly beardie now, LOL!
Oh lord, poor supers xDD
I totally would have just washed them off and saved their lives, though.
Then shoved them back into my supers colony for later use..
only if I was sure they were clean, of course. x__O;

I don't think my babies would poo in a full food bowl..
but they ALWAYS poo in it once it's empty! D:
I always think they're mad at me for letting it get empty in the first place.
Kinda like revenge. :c
I try to make sure they always have greens at all times,
but sadly for all of us it doesn't always turn out that way xD

But ohmigod, the worst thing ever was when Fizzy layed an (infertile) clutch and instead of digging in the dig box dug in Frey's poo. This was right after we had to cut off her finger, too. It was so awful. ;^;

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, they were already half dead though. Once they get wet, there's pretty much no saving them!
He tried to eat his poop too once. Poor little Wink had some issues.

Thankfully Dud isn't a food bowl pooper either!

But wow, that sounds rather... Horrific. :shock:

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Jess":1191322t said:

@Pyrovamp: Hooray for Dudley Bellies! They are so squishy. :love5:

Yeah though mine likes to try and bite me still evil bugger and my pop machine loves to poo under his basking light and if I don't get to Ot fast enough it bakes to the tile Xc :banghead: :puke:

Curious....I like your DIY rock. Been wanting to make one, but time is a precious commodity these days. How big can you make them and what kind of price are you looking at??

This is my new viv, I was going to do a rock wall......Do you know how to do that??
IMAG0314.jpg

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":2dlfsol8 said:
Yeah, they were already half dead though. Once they get wet, there's pretty much no saving them!
He tried to eat his poop too once. Poor little Wink had some issues.

Thankfully Dud isn't a food bowl pooper either!

But wow, that sounds rather... Horrific. :shock:
Poor supers o_O;;

Eeek, Fizzy was trying to do that this evening. Some poop had baked to the basking rock and she was 'tasting' it.. T__T

Yes, yes it was. /dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom