Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I should have you make me a platform Jess! The couple times I've tried I was not very pleased with the results, I am not an artistic person at all. I'm using my 2nd attempt but I still have to cover it with a cloth because the surface gets too hot ><. Trade a platform for some dubia? :mrgreen:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks izz! :D

JenFid":1uqd4hbn said:
I should have you make me a platform Jess! The couple times I've tried I was not very pleased with the results, I am not an artistic person at all. I'm using my 2nd attempt but I still have to cover it with a cloth because the surface gets too hot ><. Trade a platform for some dubia? :mrgreen:

Sounds like a plan! :blob8: I'll make one for you after I finish my current two! When I'm ready to start it, I'll PM you.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Maybe you could make me one too? All my attempts have failed... :(
Does it cost more to ship stuff from the US to Canada?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I Googled it, and by the looks if it it would cost more. :| But if you still think it would be worth the shipping, I will definitely make one for you! :)

I'll upload some pictures of the ones I'm working on right now soon! And I have a couple more of Dudley!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
How is Dud today? My husband said Sarth was still in his hide when he got home around lunch, so he put him on his basking spot where he pancaked and puffed and went back in his hide. I thought it might have something to do with the weather...since it's so dark outside, which makes the room he's in a little darker, which maybe is telling him not to come out from cover? I have no idea lol.

Let's see those pics you were talking about!

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Dudley is a perfect name!! I thought Ziggy was good too though!! And for Jasper , thats my dogs name so it seemed a little weird for me but it is still a good name :blob5: :blob8: I need help for my beardie though, I think he is a little small!!! I feed him 12 large crickets every two days and veggies every day but he is really skinny, in my opinion but very long, he is 12 months old. Is there something wrong with my feeding schedule?? Help!!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Jen: Dud was a grumps this morning too, but he is basking right now and it looks like he picked at his salad a little. I think it's probably the weather: A lot of animals act a little "off" when it's all stormy outside!

@HaleyMaree: Thanks! I'll PM you about your little guy in a sec. :wink:

PICTURE TIMEEE!

Here are a couple of Dudley, first!

Hanging out in his digging box. He seriously loves that thing! And the alfalfa makes him smell less lizard-like, LOL. :p
DSC01678.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

When Dudley heard he might be getting some of Sarth's (JenFid's beardie) rejected silkworms, this is what he did! It was so funny! (The silkies all died before I could get them, though. :( How trajic.)
DSC01683.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

Dudley has a new hat... A shed hat!! :lol: LMAO. I've never seen a beardie shed this way before!
DSC01688.jpg

And now onto my DIY Rock pictures!

Here is what the one I made for Dud will look like in his viv. I'm putting a big branch (That I have yet to find...) across his basking platform to the new platform, so it will be like a little bridge. :) So then he will have more open space in the middle.
DSC01676.jpg

After the first layer of grout:
DSC01689.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

The "support system" under the stairs and on the sides, so it won't break:
DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

And here is the mini basking platform I am making for Casanova (Tastiger's baby beardie)!
DSC01691.jpg

I think I'm only going to do 4 layers of grout on these sculptures, though. I'm on the second layer of nonsanded grout and it is already pretty heavy, so I'm skipping the 3rd layer of nonsanded and going right to sanded grout.

Enjoy!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
LOL, Dud does indeed look mad. He was promised worms! Don't worry we'll get him some dubia though :lol: Also Sarth's last shed looked really similar to that - he had this weird shed pattern on top of his head for almost a month, in the end I ended up helping him flake it off because it's like impossible to bathe or for him to rub against something. When I did bathe him though his whole head turned pink where ever it was shedding, really strange looking.

Personally though I loooove the way Sartharion smells! He gets a bath everyday so he's never been stinky. Maybe I'm weird lol, I like the way certain animals smell, especially horses :love5:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
We have a dragon at work who sheds half the top of her head at a time.. Like a perfect line down the center of her head its rather cute

I love the new rock basking thingy..

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Terminator and Kitsune! He better like it, LOL.

LOL, don't you love some of their random shedding patterns?

@Jen: Haha, I know! :roll: Sometimes I swear they understand what we are saying. Speaking of feeders... Have you seen the post that Gail made about the "super" crickets?! Apparently these are replacing our normal feeder crickets now, and they get massive and their bites draw blood. :shock: This is seriously my worst nightmare. Hopefully my mom won't mind the dubia too much, once I tell her about these things.
Aww, you should have taken a picture! The pink-ness is odd though.

I usually like how my pets smell, but Dudley just smelled like crap for some reason. :| No matter how much I bathed him he never smelled very good (I'm wondering if it has something to do with his sand stains? Could he soak up a smell from being on sand too?) so I'm not complaining about his new alfalfa smell LOL.
I LOVE the smell of horses too! Barns always smell sweet and hay-like. :D No one ever likes how I smell after I come home from riding though, LOL.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Jess4921":1qp25ccq said:
Thanks Terminator and Kitsune! He better like it, LOL.

LOL, don't you love some of their random shedding patterns?

@Jen: Haha, I know! :roll: Sometimes I swear they understand what we are saying. Speaking of feeders... Have you seen the post that Gail made about the "super" crickets?! Apparently these are replacing our normal feeder crickets now, and they get massive and their bites draw blood. :shock: This is seriously my worst nightmare. Hopefully my mom won't mind the dubia too much, once I tell her about these things.
Aww, you should have taken a picture! The pink-ness is odd though.

I usually like how my pets smell, but Dudley just smelled like crap for some reason. :| No matter how much I bathed him he never smelled very good (I'm wondering if it has something to do with his sand stains? Could he soak up a smell from being on sand too?) so I'm not complaining about his new alfalfa smell LOL.
I LOVE the smell of horses too! Barns always smell sweet and hay-like. :D No one ever likes how I smell after I come home from riding though, LOL.

Only certain venders are switching over, where I get my feeders from their vender switched to black crickets, the are slow, dont move very much and dont chirp at all, I have been nibbled on by one, and thanks to that I now feed one cricket at a time than just dump what I know my dragons can eat. They are only switching because they are having issues with the normal ones getting sick and other things (Knows an owner of a pet shop who personal knows his cricket vender who is switching to the black crickets.

Timberline still has normal crickets, the pet-smart I work at uses them.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Jess4921":3la4ko24 said:
Hmm, so will all vendors switch to them eventually, or just a few?

I think its just a few, its another "Virus scare" in the industry,

This isn't the first time this vendor has switched either, they have done it in the past but switched back

I'll ask him tomorrow what vendor it is. There is only a hand full in ca

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Jess4921":ll2beoa0 said:

That is weird, I bet it does have something to do with the sand...that sucks :(

So do you have horses or is there a stable where you go to ride? Since moving out of my parents place (from CA to MN ><) I only get to ride pretty much the 1 or 2 times a year when I visit home. I miss riding so much :cry: so if you have horses I might have to beg to come over and ride :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom