Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Oh Dudley. You are such a portly beardie. I want to give you hornworms and snuggles forever, with your froggie eyes and cute little tongue and handsome yellow and flower hat.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hehe, thanks every one! :mrgreen:

@Bowsersmom: Dudley says he will accept those hornworms. :p

@NightmareDisco: LOL, Dud has always had this obsession with launching himself off of things! You're lucky that Nemesis is a little more reasonable! (Unless she just wants you to think she is...)

Oh, and I'm making another rock platform for the cool side of Dudley's cage! He hasn't been using his hammock anymore, so I made a tall platform with little stairs leading up to the top, and his dig box fits under it. I plan on getting him a long log/branch that will be like a ramp from his basking rock to the new platform. :D It will be epic.
And I'm making Tastiger a platform for Casanova! :love5: It will be like a mini version of Dud's big one.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Wow, Jess, that sounds intense! Out of curiosity, how do you clean the platforms that you make? We have actual rocks and they are really heavy and kind of a pain to clean.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Another rock platform? Can't wait to see it. I'm going to make a cave, but j don't really want to use rock because ther enclosures are all glass...
When you first got Dudley his harness did he not like it right away? Or was he comfortable?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Bowsersmom: Dudley has potty trained himself to only poop in a certain spot in his viv LOL, so his rock structures never get very gross. I usually just vacuum it off, or use a wet paper towel on it, or scrub it with a tooth brush if it something is really dried on it. They aren't waterproof, so I can't bleach them or anything. But as long as you keep the surfaces of it fairly flat, they are easy to wipe down.

@Beezer: That's how I scraped up my poor 40 gallon. I had a real rock slab in it for a while, and the one side of the glass is all scratched up now! :roll:
And his pink harness he didn't like very much: You could tell he was a little uncomfortable, because he would suck his tummy in all the time. He is really comfortable in the harness Christine made for him though... He usually gets happy colors when I put it on, because I think he knows he is going outside or doing something fun! But he hasn't freaked out in either of them. Did you just get a harness for your beardie?

And I'll post some fake rock pictures when I get my netbook back... It's being backed up right now. :D

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
I haven't bought a harness yet but I'm thinking about it. I don't know if it'll be worth it though, with all the cold weather Canada has, I won't be able to bring them outside very often.
I don't think I'm going to use rock now for that cave :) thanks for the heads up... What material do you think I should I use for it?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Bowsersmom: I have a feeling Clovis won't mind, LOL. You could just put a piece of paper or something between the rock and the glass, so it won't get scraped?

@Beezer: It couldn't hurt! The one I get from Christine was only $5 shipped, so when so starts making them again it would definitely be worth getting one IMO.
And I obviously like making the DIY rocks! :D But if you want to do something simpler, you could get a cave or half-log hide from the pet store, or look at the hides for guinea pigs/bunnies.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Dudley is just precious. I have just read through this thread and I have really enjoyed it. Ican see how muh Dudley means to you. :D

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Atrax and Herpgirl! :mrgreen:

@Beezer: Video? I don't know how I would to that, buuuttt I can probably make a thread about it if you want. :)

izz

Juvie Member
Hahaha!! Dudleys giving you the deathglare in the second picture. Sparks does that if i wrap him in a blanket or make him look cute! :roll: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom