Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
HAHA! I need to get to the craft store and see what I can find. (When I have money, of course.) I get to take him to work next month and I really want to make a little PetCo shirt for him. If I can figure out how. LOL

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Awesome idea Jess! Pirate it is! :D

(And to make a shirt, you could probably model it on a harness, have the sleeves where the arms come out, and do it up at the back with velcro?)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Morgan!

LOL, the pirate costume will be fun. :D I'm not exactly sure how to go about making the pirate hat though? The design isn't quite as simple as the top hat was.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
The hat? Well the coat's been giving me grief for the last few hours! :D
But I suppose the hat will need some thought soon lol

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I made a tricorn prototype. It took longer than I thought it would and it looks really rough because I focused on construction rather than appearance.

Pirate hat prototype by katiebread, on Flickr

If you want, I took pics of the process that I can show you so you can try it yourself. You might want to use thread that matches the felt though. XD Is this what you had in mind?

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Yes, something like that - I was thinking of making it from felt but the feather would've unbalanced it, so in the end I found some black leather and glued it (Yeah, I'm a cheat) :lol:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Aww, I LOVE Clovis' hat! Yes, that's sort of the design I had in mind. :D
I was thinking a Jack Sparrow-like hat?
black-caribbean-pirate-hat.jpg

@PeppersGirl: Haha, I hadn't even thought of making a jacket until I saw your picture! I think I'll just stick with a hat though, LOL... My costume making skills aren't nearly as advanced as yours! :lol:

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Hehe, maybe you should try out the eye patch then, tell me if he sits still :p

I'll post photos up later today (Sorry, timezones mean you'd be asleep, it's early morning over here lol) and I'll get one of the jacket on it's own, in case you want to have a go :)

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I would have made it of leather, but I didn't have any handy. Making the felt prototype was very helpful though. I am going to make another out of leather, and I think it will work much better. I sewed it because I do not have a hot glue gun ATM, but I will procure one soon because I am tired of needing one and not having it.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
If I put an eye patch on him, he will probably just sit there with his eyes closed shaking his head until it falls off LOL. :roll: Maybe this is where Photoshop comes in handy?

I think I'm just going to make mine out of felt and got glue. :D Maybe I can find some leathery-vinyl sitting around, so that it still has the same look though!

I'll upload some outside pictures tonight! (Or this afternoon, for PeppersGirl LOL)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Here are some outside pictures from a couple days ago!

Posing by the flowers
DSC01563.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

Hanging out on the porch when the sidewalk got too hot!
DSC01578.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

New hat! LOL
DSC01592.jpg

He made me drop my camera when he decided to attempt a flying leap off of the porch too. :( Someone needs to let these beardies know that even though they are dragons, they can NOT fly!

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
AWWWWW! Yeah, Nemesis attempted flight many times as a child, she seems to have grown out of it...unless she's just lulling me into a false security :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom