Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":1okyy23h said:
I KNOW!

Hehe, IMO he looks cuter than some of the other adult short snouts... I might be a tad biased though. :roll:

Yes! :D I actually met one of his babies! He was really cute, and he only had about an inch of a tail because the rest was bit off. But Dudley was surrendered with his mate and two of his babies. I couldn't convince my mom to let me adopt the whole family, but I took him back for a visit once. :(
But yeah, for all I know there are hundreds of mini Dudleys out there.
Eh, I think most of us agree with you that Dudders is the superior short snout.

Were his babies short-snouted too? Was his mate?
Did they tell you why they were surrendered? D:
I wonder if he knew they were his family. O:
which brings me back to 'I wish we could know for sure how animals think. >.<'...

oh and random but I love how the dude on the other thread complimented Dudley then went all 'oh, the others are nice too' rather than answering questions.. xD

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
LOL @ superior short snout! :lol:

No, the rest of his family looked totally normal! He was just the little oddball I guess.
And his first owner got rid of her beardies when she got pregnant. :| But that's pretty much all the info I have on him. She didn't tell them his name, or anything.
And the female seemed like she recognised him, because she came right up to the glass and licked at him. It was pretty cute! Dud didn't react very much, but he didn't head bob or black beard her or anything.

Yeah I know. :p I'm guessing he's really busy or something though, because that's what he posted the first time too.

evanescent

Juvie Member
Jess":2kl0qrj1 said:
LOL @ superior short snout! :lol:

No, the rest of his family looked totally normal! He was just the little oddball I guess.
And his first owner got rid of her beardies when she got pregnant. :| But that's pretty much all the info I have on him. She didn't tell them his name, or anything.
And the female seemed like she recognised him, because she came right up to the glass and licked at him. It was pretty cute! Dud didn't react very much, but he didn't head bob or black beard her or anything.

Yeah I know. :p I'm guessing he's really busy or something though, because that's what he posted the first time too.
Oh Dudley xD
From what I can tell, though, it's a recessive trait..
so if his mate didn't have it, the babies probably wouldn't either.. unless she was het..okay i'll stop now :p

Awwwww<3
and bleh, even if I got prego I wouldn't give up my beardies.
the disease stuff seems to be mostly with the sand-crawling mite-infested beardies, not ones that were being properly cared for.. to be safe i'd totally make my hubby do all the work cage-wise though.. that's half-safety half-laziness talking there...

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
I didn't know Dudders had babies! Did his family ever find homes? That's so sweet that she recognized him! A little sad, too, though. :(

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Haha, yes Dudley was very studly IRL too! Which is why it's a great nickname for him. It rhymes, and it's true in so many ways. :p

And they found homes, but the poor female was really small and she was missing half of her tail and one of her feet (That might have been Dudley's doing... :silent: ) so it took her a while to be adopted. They had already been at the store for a couple months when I adopted Dud, and the others weren't adopted until, like, 3 months later. :( I felt so bad for them, and I would have adopted all of them if I could! The little female was so sweet, I had her named and everything! I wish I knew who got them.

Oh, and here's another picture that I think I forgot to post before:
DSC01893.jpg

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe you could ask the ppl at the petstore? If it's not a chain, they might be able to tell you. Or at least tell you if they ever come in anymore so maybe you could meet up or something. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
It was already a year ago, so I doubt that she remembers who adopted them anymore. :| She remembered Dudley when he came to visit last time though!

I had wanted to take Dud out for some outside time today, but the humidity is absolutely horrible. :( Hopefully tomorrow is better.

BTW... Guess who has a job interview at PetLand on Tuesday? :mrgreen: Wish me luck!

evanescent

Juvie Member
Hope you get the job!
Is it a chain?
Do they take good care of their animals there? O:
Betchu you'll get it, you have tons of experience and are quite knowledgeable.

the picture you just posted is amazing, by the way. :3

Oh, and I might bring Ameki home tomorrow!
Depends on if Marvin wants to keep her or not..
Idr if I told you about her, but she's my newly adopted disabled beardie. :3
She's got the colouring of a cheeto and eats like a famished prego woman! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom