Stubborn butt won’t eat greens!

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi ya’ll, it’s been awhile!

Haku is now a year old. And still, after everything I’ve tried, still refuses to eat salad.
The only way I can get any kind of green in his mouth is by shoving it in there while he’s chewing on a bug. Usually he’ll take it, not without a few head shakes. And other times, he will just spit it out.
I’ve tried everything. Variety, bee pollen, fruit juice, moving it around, putting bugs in it, it’s a no go!

I feel like my only option here is to skip bugs for a day. But, I don’t know if that’s okay to do considering his age. If he’s a year old, is it okay if I skip a day of feeding bugs to try and get him to eat his salad? I wouldn’t do it for more than a day at a time, of course.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi ya’ll, it’s been awhile!

Haku is now a year old. And still, after everything I’ve tried, still refuses to eat salad.
The only way I can get any kind of green in his mouth is by shoving it in there while he’s chewing on a bug. Usually he’ll take it, not without a few head shakes. And other times, he will just spit it out.
I’ve tried everything. Variety, bee pollen, fruit juice, moving it around, putting bugs in it, it’s a no go!

I feel like my only option here is to skip bugs for a day. But, I don’t know if that’s okay to do considering his age. If he’s a year old, is it okay if I skip a day of feeding bugs to try and get him to eat his salad? I wouldn’t do it for more than a day at a time, of course.
Hes a year old he only needs insects 2-3 times a week - salads everyday- so skip the bugs and I would feed only salads everyday and 2 times a week for bugs - if he gets hungry he will eat the salad

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hes a year old he only needs insects 2-3 times a week - salads everyday- so skip the bugs and I would feed only salads everyday and 2 times a week for bugs - if he gets hungry he will eat the salad
Really? I’ve been giving him bugs everyday! I guess I was reading the wrong guide, thank you!

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Really? I’ve been giving him bugs everyday! I guess I was reading the wrong guide, thank you!
Put the greens in his terrarium first thing in the morning. Feed nothing else until he eats his greens. Sounds cruel, but animals (healthy) will not starve themselves when presented with a food source. JMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom