Stressed

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes please put some newspapers magazine pages construction paper on the outside of the back wall and sides- see if getting rid of the reflection helps w/ the behavior
He's been hugging his little log all day for two or three days. He'll go get some salad and will eat perfectly fine and occasionally walk around but he is desperate to get back inside and won't really leave his log.

We are planning on taking down the diamond paintings we have on the wall. We have like 30 framed ones and I think the reflections inconjuction with the bright colors of them is freaking him out lately.

Attachments

• 20221004_154753.jpg
    20221004_154753.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He's been hugging his little log all day for two or three days. He'll go get some salad and will eat perfectly fine and occasionally walk around but he is desperate to get back inside and won't really leave his log.

We are planning on taking down the diamond paintings we have on the wall. We have like 30 framed ones and I think the reflections inconjuction with the bright colors of them is freaking him out lately.
Yes please take them out ----- please NO more out for him -- he needs to stay in his tank till he is older and more acclimated to his surroundings and tank --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes please take them out ----- please NO more out for him -- he needs to stay in his tank till he is older and more acclimated to his surroundings and tank --
Yeah, I took them out. Well, he's relatively well handled. We've had him right at a month and the guy we got him from said he handled them everyday and he's never been a huge fan of being out, just the last day or two, he hasn't wanted to be bothered so I think we're leaving him alone for a day or two, other than feeding and such.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Seems like i remember talking with you or your hubby about those painting a while back. Beardies have an extra cone in their eye, they see better than we do. Those could be the issue.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Seems like i remember talking with you or your hubby about those painting a while back. Beardies have an extra cone in their eye, they see better than we do. Those could be the issue.
It was me, we couldn't decide if they were bothering him or just caught his attention. He stares at them with wide eyes, it seems. We're thinking it may be scaring him so we're going to take them down to see if it helps.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah i think inwould try that as well, they can fixate on the strangest things.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yeah i think inwould try that as well, they can fixate on the strangest things.
He definitely does. I think he isn't quite used to being in the living room. He looks at the high up cabinets, lights on the veilings and even the air vents like they're birds that are gonna swoop down and gobble him up, wild-eyed and head at a complete 90° angle.😅

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom