Stressed

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I don't get it. He was chilling in his tank, he had just eaten, the kids were being quiet, all was calm. All of a sudden, he was glass surfing hard. So I reached in to pick him up and he started using my hand as a ledge to try to glass surf higher and he was moving a million miles a minute. And when I got him out, he was clutching to me for dear life and super duper dark under his chin and belly. When my boyfriend got him so I could get him a treat from the fridge (because who doesn't like to eat to feel better😅) he hid as far as he could in his beard, head down and everything. I came back into the room, waxworms in tow and while he ate the two little ones I offered, I laid back with him on my chest and he's basically frozen in fear.? I don't understand whyyyyy.

Attachments

• 20221003_184139.jpg
    20221003_184139.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 91

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't get it. He was chilling in his tank, he had just eaten, the kids were being quiet, all was calm. All of a sudden, he was glass surfing hard. So I reached in to pick him up and he started using my hand as a ledge to try to glass surf higher and he was moving a million miles a minute. And when I got him out, he was clutching to me for dear life and super duper dark under his chin and belly. When my boyfriend got him so I could get him a treat from the fridge (because who doesn't like to eat to feel better😅) he hid as far as he could in his beard, head down and everything. I came back into the room, waxworms in tow and while he ate the two little ones I offered, I laid back with him on my chest and he's basically frozen in fear.? I don't understand whyyyyy.
Any cats dogs around ? Bird?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is his habitat in a window? Maybe something outside scared him. 2 out of 3 of mine are terrified of helicopters. (They buzz around my house all day, i live in vegas :()

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Any cats dogs around ? Bird?
My boyfriends parents have a small dog but she never comes in here. It was relatively quiet in our room and he just lost it. He's okay now, sorta. He's been mostly laying on his rock.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is his habitat in a window? Maybe something outside scared him. 2 out of 3 of mine are terrified of helicopters. (They buzz around my house all day, i live in vegas :()
It is but it's covered and the blinds are closed. He usually glass surfs when he poops and is desperate to get away but he didn't do anything. He's okay now, I think. He looks exhausted now, poor guy.

I did take him fully outside earlier, but the time between that and his freak out was like two hours.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My boyfriends parents have a small dog but she never comes in here. It was relatively quiet in our room and he just lost it. He's okay now, sorta. He's been mostly laying on his rock.
Is this the same dragon that is not eating?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
awwwwwww I hope he is better.
He's okay, he just looks exhausted now.

Don't mind the dirty glass, my kids can't keep their grubby hands off stuff.😅

Attachments

• 16648413777862459254622152507211.jpg
    16648413777862459254622152507211.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, but it wasn't that he wasn't really eating, just less. But that resolved itself. He chowed down yesterday and today.
Kids could be stressing him out --- I would kinda keep them away till he starts eating better has time to acclimate to the tank and surroundings --- and the stress marks have gone away

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Kids could be stressing him out --- I would kinda keep them away till he starts eating better has time to acclimate to the tank and surroundings --- and the stress marks have gone away
At first, he had constant stress marks but after his first week, they're gone for the most part and he's pretty used to the kids and stuff. Every now and then, specifically when it's bed time, he gets real dark, or if somethings scared him.

He's definitely been eating better. In a week, he's gained 10 grams (total of about 55 grams) and is right at a foot long, which is a nice uptick in the one month we've had him.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He is still young and learning his world, it's untelling what scared him. He should become more bold as time goes on.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He is still young and learning his world, it's untelling what scared him. He should become more bold as time goes on.
He's definitely bolder than he thinks. He thinks he can jump a couple feet from my leg to a closed tank and make it in.😂😂

He's a weenie. He gets spooked by his own tail, I swear.😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He should grow out of it, Zen did(my male) it took him till he was about 2 and a half. Now he is just well zen, he esrns his name lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He should grow out of it, Zen did(my male) it took him till he was about 2 and a half. Now he is just well zen, he esrns his name lol.
He's definitely a baby. I pull him out every night and he waits patiently to be put on my shoulder so he can crawl into the crook of my neck for snuggles.

I wanted to ask, I know food shouldn't be bigger than the space between their eyes. Is that length or width.? Or does that even matter.?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom