Stressed baby

Ebreezy

Beardie name(s)
Coolio
Hello everyone.

I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I just got a new baby 3 days ago. I noticed that he seems to be stressed out and I’m not sure what to do. I didn’t know they weren’t supposed to be sold so small please forgive me for that. He eats but not as much as he should, maybe 10-20 insects a day and he avoids his water and his greens. He also hasn’t pooped yet. He freaks out and throws himself at the glass at night time when I turn off his UVB light. I also would like some advice as to how I can raise the humidity on his cool side. Anything that can help I’ve been doing lots of research but I feel like I’m doing something wrong and I want this baby to have a good life. Open to any and all advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• EAFAA131-175F-4048-9F4A-3A0B896FAEC9.jpeg
    EAFAA131-175F-4048-9F4A-3A0B896FAEC9.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 105

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone.

I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I just got a new baby 3 days ago. I noticed that he seems to be stressed out and I’m not sure what to do. I didn’t know they weren’t supposed to be sold so small please forgive me for that. He eats but not as much as he should, maybe 10-20 insects a day and he avoids his water and his greens. He also hasn’t pooped yet. He freaks out and throws himself at the glass at night time when I turn off his UVB light. I also would like some advice as to how I can raise the humidity on his cool side. Anything that can help I’ve been doing lots of research but I feel like I’m doing something wrong and I want this baby to have a good life. Open to any and all advice. Thank you.
Welcome --- please go over your UVB ---a coil or a long tube fixture? What are the basking surface temps and how are you getting them? NO stick ons please they are inaccurate--- are you using any colored bulbs? Stress marks are common for relocation - they will go thru stress and will go away w/ him having time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- but the temps in the tank and the UVB must be on par- -- if this is off he will quit eating --- these are crucial and if incorrect we must get them corrected as soon as possible

Ebreezy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coolio
Welcome --- please go over your UVB ---a coil or a long tube fixture? What are the basking surface temps and how are you getting them? NO stick ons please they are inaccurate--- are you using any colored bulbs? Stress marks are common for relocation - they will go thru stress and will go away w/ him having time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- but the temps in the tank and the UVB must be on par- -- if this is off he will quit eating --- these are crucial and if incorrect we must get them corrected as soon as possible
I have long tube UVB hot side is at 95 degrees cool side is at 79, I have enclosure details and photos on my profile, but I don’t know his rock’s temp.

Attachments

• A89C0050-0C0C-4271-A05D-14779B21BB4E.jpeg
    A89C0050-0C0C-4271-A05D-14779B21BB4E.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 14E62352-FB4C-4346-8179-CDDFD6BB19B8.jpeg
    14E62352-FB4C-4346-8179-CDDFD6BB19B8.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 50
  • A961C187-0743-4274-952A-9A2F5AD47545.jpeg
    A961C187-0743-4274-952A-9A2F5AD47545.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have long tube UVB hot side is at 95 degrees cool side is at 79, I have enclosure details and photos on my profile, but I don’t know his rock’s temp.
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers Petco or PetSmart surface basking temps should be 105-110-- the uvb looks like a T 8 if there is a clear plastic cover over the bulb please take it off and it needs to be unobstructed T 8 's are not strong enough to go thru screen- it needs to be directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches- if your using a Zilla bulb please exchange it for a reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- they are a better quality bulb

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom