Stressed baby beardie?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What should I do? How do u properly place it
Ok so the screen is a wide hole please get a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches she needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - please get a digital probe hygrometer place on the back center wall of your tank - -- mealworms are not good for babies -- older dragons when their digestion system has fully developed - the exo skeleton is too harsh on babies stomach - you can feed super worms 1-3 every other day as treats horn worms are good for hydration and grow very fast -- wax worms sparingly they are very fatty and too many can cause liver issues -- please NO sand for babies --- they lick everything and if they are lacking something in the diet they will eat it causing impaction -- what are you feeding?

Marie96

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexie
lol most people dont, the first one i got from petco died 31 days after, one monday actually halloween, but they gave me a $108 refund to get a new one but i did not get it from there, i went to a reptilium store 33 min away and got one there which seems to be wayyy healthier but yours may be perfectly fine, it wasnt to concern you at all, mealworms are okay as a treat there exoskeleton is just hard for babies and might lead in ingestion problems, dubia roaches are the way to go fs, but just make more the food is no bigger than the space between there eyes, i prefer TerraSahara sand, its bioactive substrate and its really good, they do do better on loose substrate tho, you got this!!
Thank you! yes I only feed her Dubias sometimes crickets. And i give her meal worms and super worms as treats

Marie96

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexie
Ok so the screen is a wide hole please get a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches she needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - please get a digital probe hygrometer place on the back center wall of your tank - -- mealworms are not good for babies -- older dragons when their digestion system has fully developed - the exo skeleton is too harsh on babies stomach - you can feed super worms 1-3 every other day as treats horn worms are good for hydration and grow very fast -- wax worms sparingly they are very fatty and too many can cause liver issues -- please NO sand for babies --- they lick everything and if they are lacking something in the diet they will eat it causing impaction -- what are you feeding?
I had something there for the longest time I tried placing her on it she just ran off she won’t stay there. I have a camera on her so I always checked to see and she only likes her basking Rock. I feed her about 20 dubia roaches a day. Maybe once a week I give her a small mealworm. I give her 2 super worms every other day. She doesn’t like wax worms so I don’t even bother with those. I offer her a salad everyday i can’t get her to eat any of it lol maybe one piece. I’ve tried a number of different fruits and veggies but she won’t touch any of them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you! yes I only feed her Dubias sometimes crickets. And i give her meal worms and super worms as treats
Are you feeding salads? They need fresh salads every day Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info it is outdated--- dubias are a great staple feeder -- you may need to get some BSFL to entice him to the bowl to eat the salads they make great salad lures and are great for babies - they are a nice compliment to the staple feeder --- feed them first thing in the morning dropping on the salads in front of him to get his attention and you can use them to hand tame him --- do not dust them - are you dusting the roaches? Calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding if your feeding more than once a day -- lightly coated -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- feed as many BSFL as you want --
www.dubiaroaches.com they have nice roaches nice horn worms order small amounts and BSFL are known as nutri grubs here

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I had something there for the longest time I tried placing her on it she just ran off she won’t stay there. I have a camera on her so I always checked to see and she only likes her basking Rock. I feed her about 20 dubia roaches a day. Maybe once a week I give her a small mealworm. I give her 2 super worms every other day. She doesn’t like wax worms so I don’t even bother with those. I offer her a salad everyday i can’t get her to eat any of it lol maybe one piece. I’ve tried a number of different fruits and veggies but she won’t touch any of them.
I have posted ways to get her to the salad bowl you will need something like this to keep the BSFL / nutrigrubs in it
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Marie96

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexie
Thank you! yes I only feed her Dubias sometimes crickets. And i give her meal worms and super worms as trea
Are you feeding salads? They need fresh salads every day Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info it is outdated--- dubias are a great staple feeder -- you may need to get some BSFL to entice him to the bowl to eat the salads they make great salad lures and are great for babies - they are a nice compliment to the staple feeder --- feed them first thing in the morning dropping on the salads in front of him to get his attention and you can use them to hand tame him --- do not dust them - are you dusting the roaches? Calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding if your feeding more than once a day -- lightly coated -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- feed as many BSFL as you want --
www.dubiaroaches.com they have nice roaches nice horn worms order small amounts and BSFL are known as nutri grubs here
yes in the message before I explain about her salads. Yes I dust them with the proper powders.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thank you! but what about the uvb? How do I get her under it
Where does she sit when basking? On the rock platform? I would move the plant thats under the UVB and put a piece of basking decor there -- also dragons like floor space I would take out some of the things you have on the floor in there -- give her some floor space and maybe get some more things for her to sit on - basking decor pieces --- think big - Pet Smart has great decor for dragons - also I would get her a fleece blanket or piece of clothing to put in the hide on the floor - something w/ your smell on it so she gets used to you as well -- she knows what she needs for UVB so just watch her --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom