Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazzie

How old is your dragon? very young. I'm guessing around 1 or 2 months or something like that. He's only 7 inches
How long have you had your dragon? little more than a week
How long is your dragon? around 7 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?40g
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? paper towels
Do you use UVB lights? yes it's 7.0 uvb(not sure brand..will find out soon)
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?fluorescent
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb? brand new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? pretty close...the top of the basking rock is about 4 inches away.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?i also have regular household bulb which is 100w
What are the basking temps? 105
What is the cool side temp? 86
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?digital thermometer with probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?have the probe right next to where basking spot is
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? heat pad on side wall(turn on during night to keep the tank warm)
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. I feed salad of collard greens and cucumbers(no skin or seeds) and sometimes carrots. I also feed him crickets (plan to change to phoenix worms)
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? twice a day (morning and evening)
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?yes I feed them veggies.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yes i use calcium plus d3 supplements and use it 3-4 times a week.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? yes regular poops (once or twice a day)
Do you bath your dragon? How often? almost everyday
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? have a shallow water dish and i mist him once or twice a day
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?not yet but plan to set an appt soon for check up.

I've had him for a week and he still have stress marks. I'm getting frustrated and not sure how to make him feel better and calm. Any advices or suggestions???

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
mazzie":28838 said:
How old is your dragon? very young. I'm guessing around 1 or 2 months or something like that. He's only 7 inches
How long have you had your dragon? little more than a week
How long is your dragon? around 7 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?40g
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? paper towels
Do you use UVB lights? yes it's 7.0 uvb(not sure brand..will find out soon)
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?fluorescent
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb? brand new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? pretty close...the top of the basking rock is about 4 inches away.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?i also have regular household bulb which is 100w
What are the basking temps? 105
What is the cool side temp? 86
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?digital thermometer with probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?have the probe right next to where basking spot is
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? heat pad on side wall(turn on during night to keep the tank warm)
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. I feed salad of collard greens and cucumbers(no skin or seeds) and sometimes carrots. I also feed him crickets (plan to change to phoenix worms)
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? twice a day (morning and evening)
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?yes I feed them veggies.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yes i use calcium plus d3 supplements and use it 3-4 times a week.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? yes regular poops (once or twice a day)
Do you bath your dragon? How often? almost everyday
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? have a shallow water dish and i mist him once or twice a day
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?not yet but plan to set an appt soon for check up.

I've had him for a week and he still have stress marks. I'm getting frustrated and not sure how to make him feel better and calm. Any advices or suggestions???

My Brians stress marks disappear when i give him a bath, but minutes later in his aquarium they come back? Im just as stumped. :?:

Mazzie,
How's your beardie doing? Does he still have stress marks? Your set up looks good. The only thing I see is that you should also dust with a vitamin supplement 2 times a week. How does he do in the bath? Do the stress marks disappear? I think since you've only had him a week at the time of the post, it could have still been relocation stress... I'd be interest to know if they're gone.

Browneyes,
What are your temps?

I just learned about stress marks this week, I'd seen them on Dex before, but never paid enough attention to see if they went away. She's now shedding and has them terribly (which I understand is normal) but I'm stressing because I'm not sure if she's always had them and I'm just now paying attention. I can't wait until she's done shedding so I can see if they go away. Dex's marks have not gone away in the bath this week, although, I also just started giving her baths this week, so she's probably stressing about the bath too. I've also got the bad stick on thermometers, I have a probe thermometer on order. My temps are 100 on the basking side and 85 on the cool side. I'm pretty sure my set up is ok, but need to make an appointment to get a fecal done to rule out parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom