Stress markings/coloring?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs shows stress marks when she is cold so understandable if she does anything in her enclosure she shows marks. Yet the second I take her out on my back shoulder beard or even let her and Amber chill outside she has NOTHING. No marks or anything I don't know why it happens is there something I'm missing? I am just mind boggled on what stresses her out and what doesn't

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Chubbs shows stress marks when she is cold so understandable if she does anything in her enclosure she shows marks. Yet the second I take her out on my back shoulder beard or even let her and Amber chill outside she has NOTHING. No marks or anything I don't know why it happens is there something I'm missing? I am just mind boggled on what stresses her out and what doesn't
Temps in the tank -- UVB -- birds outside the window if she is near one-- other animals in the house -- other dragons if she can see them --- will all cause stress marks in the tank

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Temps in the tank -- UVB -- birds outside the window if she is near one-- other animals in the house -- other dragons if she can see them --- will all cause stress marks in the tank
So is there a reason she only shows them in her enclosure? My 2 beardies are very social and don't mind being near each other or any other pets. All I can think of is maybe because I removed her hammock for a bigger hammock? The temps are fine 90-100 during the day night time is around 80 with the heat wave. Just strange she only has them in her enclosure and Amber has none though she is orange so may be harder to see. Could changing her diet also cause them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So is there a reason she only shows them in her enclosure? My 2 beardies are very social and don't mind being near each other or any other pets. All I can think of is maybe because I removed her hammock for a bigger hammock? The temps are fine 90-100 during the day night time is around 80 with the heat wave. Just strange she only has them in her enclosure and Amber has none though she is orange so may be harder to see. Could changing her diet also cause them?
Diet is not going to cause stress marks -- seeing another dragon will --- its just nature and their normal instinct -- the hammock may have done it too -- but I would get the other dragon out of view if she can see the other while in her tank --- its a trial and error thing -- the hammock she will become used to so I would start w/ the other dragon first and see what happens

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Diet is not going to cause stress marks -- seeing another dragon will --- its just nature and their normal instinct -- the hammock may have done it too -- but I would get the other dragon out of view if she can see the other while in her tank --- its a trial and error thing -- the hammock she will become used to so I would start w/ the other dragon first and see what happens
The enclosures are side by side so they can't see each other I also take them out one at a time sometimes. I also know Chubbs is ending her shed cycle with some shed on her belly and the marks got worse during the shed. I'll have to just keep a eye on it she (Chubbs) was out with me feeding her in a separate room. She was this beautiful yellow/orange color with no marks anywhere on her I'll keep her away from the other pets

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom