Stress Lines

crow2kill

Beardie name(s)
Diego
I posted in another thread and someone said that these black lines on his stomach are due to stress? Is all this black on his underside not normal? Just for reference he is getting 3 feeding sessions a day. One session he gets a salad. Other two feeding sessions are 10-12 dubias each session. His salads get calcium dusted every day and multivitamin dusted 3 times a week. He has an Arcadia T5 12% UVB light and a basking light too. His temps are good but with 75-80 degrees on the cool side and 105 on the basking rock.

Attachments

• E9AA548C-A0BA-46CC-8B2E-47E1972FC09C.jpeg
    E9AA548C-A0BA-46CC-8B2E-47E1972FC09C.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 82

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I posted in another thread and someone said that these black lines on his stomach are due to stress? Is all this black on his underside not normal? Just for reference he is getting 3 feeding sessions a day. One session he gets a salad. Other two feeding sessions are 10-12 dubias each session. His salads get calcium dusted every day and multivitamin dusted 3 times a week. He has an Arcadia T5 12% UVB light and a basking light too. His temps are good but with 75-80 degrees on the cool side and 105 on the basking rock.
I responded on the other thread --- your surface basking temps which need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB will help w/ the stress --- just make sure you have your decor piece w/ what I posted on the other thread -- it may take some time for those stress marks to go away - I recommend not getting him out of the tank so he can adjust and acclimate to his tank - offer water by dropping on his nose or thru a eye dropper -- less bathing will cause him not to be so stressed - those are stress marks on the belly of him ---

crow2kill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diego
I responded on the other thread --- your surface basking temps which need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB will help w/ the stress --- just make sure you have your decor piece w/ what I posted on the other thread -- it may take some time for those stress marks to go away - I recommend not getting him out of the tank so he can adjust and acclimate to his tank - offer water by dropping on his nose or thru a eye dropper -- less bathing will cause him not to be so stressed - those are stress marks on the belly of him ---
Yea he has all of that. Im not sure what you mean by decor piece under the basking light though. He has a basking rock? He has a few other things around the tank to climb on. I’ve been giving him water through an eye dropper and that’s been working well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yea he has all of that. Im not sure what you mean by decor piece under the basking light though. He has a basking rock? He has a few other things around the tank to climb on. I’ve been giving him water through an eye dropper and that’s been working well.
You want something directly under the UVB 8-10 inches -- a log a rock etc -- w/ the screen on the tank he needs to be able to sit directly under it

crow2kill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diego
You want something directly under the UVB 8-10 inches -- a log a rock etc -- w/ the screen on the tank he needs to be able to sit directly under it
Yep he has that too. I’ll just make sure not to take him out of his tank and hopefully those marks go away with time.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Just keep in mind, he is a baby, everything in the world is new to him. Us hoomans are big scary giants to them. It take them a little while to settle in and become comfortable, and a longer time to really trust us. But once he does it's smooth sailing, once they decide you are ok they can be quite needy lol. The stress marks will go away, but it takes a little time. 🙂

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Just keep in mind, he is a baby, everything in the world is new to him. Us hoomans are big scary giants to them. It take them a little while to settle in and become comfortable, and a longer time to really trust us. But once he does it's smooth sailing, once they decide you are ok they can be quite needy lol. The stress marks will go away, but it takes a little time. 🙂
Right.
My guys going through a little relocation stress
And he shed today..

As long as everything is setup you should be fine.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom