strange thing happened after bath time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That is great that Zolton took water from your finger. I was thinking since his throat is inflamed and he is not wanting to eat feeders and greens, maybe you could offer him some babyfood. You can give him chicken or turkey baby food. This will give him the protein he needs to keep up his strength. Just mix the babyfood with a little water and give it to Zolton with a needleless syringe or a dropper. You could even mix his calcium/multivitamins in it as well.
How is your brother taking Zolton's prognosis?

julieannboo

Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":1tl4e1xa said:
That is great that Zolton took water from your finger. I was thinking since his throat is inflamed and he is not wanting to eat feeders and greens, maybe you could offer him some babyfood. You can give him chicken or turkey baby food. This will give him the protein he needs to keep up his strength. Just mix the babyfood with a little water and give it to Zolton with a needleless syringe or a dropper. You could even mix his calcium/multivitamins in it as well.
How is your brother taking Zolton's prognosis?

He cried on over the phone Dawn - that was hard to take.

the vet gave me a syringe and said about feeding zolton with baby food.
i just don't want to force his mouth open and cause him anymore stress.
he lapped up water from my finger this morning.

just been to look on him and he not well. horrible, horrible to watch.

i am gonna go and warp him in a tail and lay him on me for ten minutes or so xx

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You can put the babyfood on your finger as well. Maybe he will take it that way. You can also try putting some on his nose to see if he will lick it off.
I am sorry he is not looking well and you are having a hard time with it. It is very sad.
Does it look like Zolton is in pain?

julieannboo

Original Poster
he just not well Dawn.

got him out again this afternoon - gave him some more water.

i don't want him suffering.x

julieannboo

Original Poster
i have decided to try and feed zolton some baby food like the vet suggested.

i have the baby food and a syringe - how do i open his mouth?

sorry just re-read your post - if i can't open his mouth i will put the baby food on my finger - like you suggested.

got nothing to lose have i?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes, try it on your finger since he is taking water that way. If you think he is up to it, you can try the syringe again by putting a drop on his nose and see if he licks it off. If he doesn't respond to that, you can also try going in through the side of his mouth. See if you can slide the syringe in between his lips.
Did you tell me if you are giving him any calcium or multivitamin supplements? If you are.. you can put a small pinch of either into his babyfood as well.
Good luck! Let me know how he does.

julieannboo

Original Poster
thanks for all your kind advice and listening dawn.
yes he has calcium powder i think - i will do that - sprinkle some of that into the baby food.

good idea with side of mouth.

i have got a fruit cocktail baby food - is that okay??
so i have to mix it with water - in the syringe - how much?

i didn't get a chicken/turkey one - doh.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The fruit cocktail is okay, but something with protein such as the chicken or turkey would be better for keeping up his strength. You can also try squash and green bean babyfood.
It's easiest to mix the babyfood with water in a small dish. You just need enough water to thin it enough to get it in the syringe. Not only that, you don't want it too thick in case he is having a hard time swallowing. Also in the case that he might have a hard time swallowing, don't give him too much babyfood at one time. You don't want him to choke or aspirate it into his lungs.
Try a few drops and see how he likes it.
You don't have to thank me. I am more than welcome to help you out. I admire you for taking care of your brother's beardie. You must be a very compassionate person. I'm sure your brother appreciates all you are doing for his beardie as well. :D

julieannboo

Original Poster
on the way home i went to the store and bought creamy chicken baby food.
i watered it down and put it on my finger against his mouth and he was lapping it up.
i tried the syringe and it went everywhere - over his head - on the wall - so i had to put him in the bath to clean him up!

i carried on with it on my finger and he seemed to enjoy - i will do the same tomorrow - i should have done this on saturday but i didn't think to put it on my finger.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh dear, I am so very sorry you had put Zolton down today. :( That must have been very difficult for you.
Please take some comfort in knowing that you did everything you could for him. I'm sure your brother would be very proud of you.
Zolton was so lucky to have you there for him in the end. He is no longer suffering and is at peace now.
Hugs to you and your brother. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Again.. I am sorry!
R.I.P. Zolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom