Strange poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoeO

Hi guys

Our beardies did the strangest poop Today.
It had 4 or 5 pink "pods" in it. At first I wondered if it might be undigested grape skins rolled up. However they were fairly uniform in size and colour, and much larger than the grapes I fed her.
Then I pondered if it was undigested locust, however a quick Google says it would be more likely to be an undigested exoskeleton in the fecal matter than the flesh, so I am stumped.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?

I have a picture which I will try and add in the comments

(sorry if this is the wrong thread, this is my first post)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi guys

Our beardies did the strangest poop Today.
It had 4 or 5 pink "pods" in it. At first I wondered if it might be undigested grape skins rolled up. However they were fairly uniform in size and colour, and much larger than the grapes I fed her.
Then I pondered if it was undigested locust, however a quick Google says it would be more likely to be an undigested exoskeleton in the fecal matter than the flesh, so I am stumped.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?

I have a picture which I will try and add in the comments

(sorry if this is the wrong thread, this is my first post)
Yes please post pics so we can see and welcome to the forum

ZoeO

Original Poster
Here is the picture

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_134041.jpg
    IMG_20211127_134041.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 102

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is the picture
I am not sure we need one of our poop experts to look :) --- are you housing two dragons together? If so please separate them --- dragons are dominant creatures and will turn on one another in a split second--- also please go over the basking temps and how your getting them and UVB please NO coils for a UVB and temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you want surface basking temps not ambient

ZoeO

Original Poster
I am not sure we need one of our poop experts to look :) --- are you housing two dragons together? If so please separate them --- dragons are dominant creatures and will turn on one another in a split second--- also please go over the basking temps and how your getting them and UVB please NO coils for a UVB and temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you want surface basking temps not ambient
No just one girlie.

The tank set up is all good 👍🏻

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know where the poo expert o_O is but my educated guess is grapes. Other than that it's a strange conglomeration for sure. Has she eaten anything besides locusts + grapes ?

ZoeO

Original Poster
I don't know where the poo expert o_O is but my educated guess is grapes. Other than that it's a strange conglomeration for sure. Has she eaten anything besides locusts + grapes ?
Nothing that would look like this.
She has her greens every day (a combo of kale/collard/wild rocket depending on what I have) and I will add some thing to it about twice a week, carrots, Bell peppers etc. Grapes I have only ever given twice, this was her 2nd time having them.
She also gets meal worms as wee treats.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It always comes out in a very much altered state after digestion but the grapes stand out there. They were more plumped + rounded when eaten, now more flattened and rolled up.

ZoeO

Original Poster
It always comes out in a very much altered state after digestion but the grapes stand out there. They were more plumped + rounded when eaten, now more flattened and rolled up.
OK. Cool, as long as someone else thinks grapes. I just swear they look so much bigger 🤣🤣
Thanks 😊👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom