Strange Lymph/Kidney Dilemma Vet Confused

Beardie name(s)
Kusakerti
My lizard had given me quite the journey over the past few months. (TLDR: 6yo beardie showing dehydration and expressing through kidney, prescribed lactated ringers solution coincidentally or possibly causing inflammation in lymph nodes by the eye)

First, shes showing signs of dehydration so I phoned the vet informing I have LRS on hand so she gave me a dose and I started treatment. She had recently gone fer her bianual visit and got some blood drawn which revealed she was expressing through her kidneys. Around that time her eye swole really big and was gushing an orange fluid the vet later identified as lymph fluid. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory which worked.

After a few treatments of both the LSR and the meloxicam she was back to normal until she starts showing signs of dehydration again (sunken eyes, drooping head pads) I start the treatment of LSR again per my vets request. She was also losing weight at the time going from 600g to 550g in a few weeks. She went back up to around 590 but when she started losing again I gave the LSR. I started with a dose of 6ml but realized the dose was 10. When I switched up the dose the eye problem happened within a day in the other eye.

I have stopped with the LSR since. I giver her baths 2x weekly and have been feeding her emeraid through a syringe as her eye as the meloxicam has reduced the swelling is still bothering her not to mention the first eye is still recovering.

I'm waiting for results on blood work I did a couple days ago. I want to give her perhaps a small dose of the LSR, she could definitely use it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My lizard had given me quite the journey over the past few months. (TLDR: 6yo beardie showing dehydration and expressing through kidney, prescribed lactated ringers solution coincidentally or possibly causing inflammation in lymph nodes by the eye)

First, shes showing signs of dehydration so I phoned the vet informing I have LRS on hand so she gave me a dose and I started treatment. She had recently gone fer her bianual visit and got some blood drawn which revealed she was expressing through her kidneys. Around that time her eye swole really big and was gushing an orange fluid the vet later identified as lymph fluid. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory which worked.

After a few treatments of both the LSR and the meloxicam she was back to normal until she starts showing signs of dehydration again (sunken eyes, drooping head pads) I start the treatment of LSR again per my vets request. She was also losing weight at the time going from 600g to 550g in a few weeks. She went back up to around 590 but when she started losing again I gave the LSR. I started with a dose of 6ml but realized the dose was 10. When I switched up the dose the eye problem happened within a day in the other eye.

I have stopped with the LSR since. I giver her baths 2x weekly and have been feeding her emeraid through a syringe as her eye as the meloxicam has reduced the swelling is still bothering her not to mention the first eye is still recovering.

I'm waiting for results on blood work I did a couple days ago. I want to give her perhaps a small dose of the LSR, she could definitely use it.
When you get the results back post on here so Tracie can see them -- she can better help you w /this

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom