Strange Growth

Jesseb

Hello!
We have a 4 year old beardie named Hilo. We recently discovered this small growth below his mouth. Thought it was good but didn’t rub off. Any thoughts? I can’t seem to find anything like it online. Some sort of fungus or abscess? If it is a fungus, I’m not sure about what to put so close to his mouth.
Thanks so much!
jB

Attachments

• D67D3559-BA9E-4562-AEA5-FCF7ACAE9CA7.jpeg
    D67D3559-BA9E-4562-AEA5-FCF7ACAE9CA7.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 106

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!
We have a 4 year old beardie named Hilo. We recently discovered this small growth below his mouth. Thought it was good but didn’t rub off. Any thoughts? I can’t seem to find anything like it online. Some sort of fungus or abscess? If it is a fungus, I’m not sure about what to put so close to his mouth.
Thanks so much!
jB
Not sure what that is - let's have some others take a look
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not sure myself, see what the others say. almost looks like a tick but they're usually smoother and your dragon would have had to be outside.

Jesseb

Original Poster
Thank you. It is possible that my son did take him outside in the summer. That was a few months ago… hmmm…

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is different looking. How long has it been there? Not sure about it being a tick but anything is
possible. Have you tried giving him a bath to see if you can brush it off once it is softened?
You can try putting some raw unpasteurized honey on it, or, some antibiotic ointment in case it has
some infection on or around it.
Does it seem to bother him?

Tracie

Jesseb

Original Poster
Hello,

That is different looking. How long has it been there? Not sure about it being a tick but anything is
possible. Have you tried giving him a bath to see if you can brush it off once it is softened?
You can try putting some raw unpasteurized honey on it, or, some antibiotic ointment in case it has
some infection on or around it.
Does it seem to bother him?

Tracie
Thanks Tracie- weird huh? It does not seem to bother her. It’s been there a couple months, thought it was dirt or a stain for a while but slow growing. We will try a bath again. Since it’s on her mouth it hard to soak. Thanks for the recommendation. What type of antibiotic ointment? I read somewhere that certain ones can be bad for dragons. Think of seeing the vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is definitely strange! You can use neosporin or polysporin either one, on the area. This type
of ointment is safe to use, daily. Yes, it's hard to soak since it's on her chin area. If it really hasn't
changed much, that is good but it might be a good idea to consider a vet visit if it doesn't start showing
improvement.
Also, you could try silver gel, too.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom