Strange brown spot on my Bearded Dragons beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher3105

Hello! I am just wondering if anyone can help me tell what this brown spot is on my bearded dragons beard. I think he is trying to shed his beard, as it does look a bit less shiny, and his head is also dull, and he has lost some shed from the tip of his nose. but I noticed recently there is a strange brown spot on his beard. I haven't tried to clean it off yet, since I just noticed it a few moments ago, but wanted to see what you all thought. I will attach a picture below.

Thank you for you time

20220204_174710.jpg

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Hello! I am just wondering if anyone can help me tell what this brown spot is on my bearded dragons beard. I think he is trying to shed his beard, as it does look a bit less shiny, and his head is also dull, and he has lost some shed from the tip of his nose. but I noticed recently there is a strange brown spot on his beard. I haven't tried to clean it off yet, since I just noticed it a few moments ago, but wanted to see what you all thought. I will attach a picture below.

Thank you for you time

View attachment 67499
Well I could be wrong but it sure looks like pre shed to me and just a darker spot kind of poking through the rest of the area that’s in shed. Most likely not something to worry about maybe wait until his beard is done shedding and I bet you won’t be able to see that spot anymore but I’m not 100% sure?

Asher3105

Original Poster
ohh okay, I haven't heard of pre shed before, so I will look more into that. Thanks so much!

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
ohh okay, I haven't heard of pre shed before, so I will look more into that. Thanks so much!
Well I call it that might not be an actual term lol 😂. You can just start to see the skin slightly dull and then become cloudy until it’s almost white and it’s just a build up until it actually starts to shed off. Once you’ve seen it enough times you start to see the progression your dragon goes through before the skin actually sheds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom