Strange Behavior

scotth1132

Hi

May be nothing to worry about but over the last 2 days my dragon has got really active, jumpy, fidgety, and constantly wants to be out of her enclosure. When i put her in she runs around like a lunatic and tries to climb the walls then glass surfs and turns here beard black until i get her out. Then all she wants to do is run around.

She has never acted like this before and im worried something may be wrong. I have checked her temps and they are the same as always, the bulbs are fine, she shed a little a few days ago-(6 days) so by now i would hope she would be back to normal again. The most worrying part of it is the fact she doesn't want to be in here enclosure and seems to be very jumpy when trying to pick her up. Normally she is very cuddly but recently she doesn't want to know.

I started a new job this month but she is at home with other people for company, and is eating etc as normal. I cleaned her enclosure with animal safe chemical cleaners, she gets out for a few hours in a day spread out over the day and usually sits on the window watching the neighbors but even that doesn't seem to work.

Should i be worried or is this a normal thing based on the time of year or something? I cant feel any eggs in her belly so I don't think she is gravid, and when i put her in a dig box she just tried to jump out of it.

She is around 2 years old but we cant be exactly sure on age - Vet thinks 2-3 years based on her size.

Sorry i might be worried about nothing but any help even to ease my mind is appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi

May be nothing to worry about but over the last 2 days my dragon has got really active, jumpy, fidgety, and constantly wants to be out of her enclosure. When i put her in she runs around like a lunatic and tries to climb the walls then glass surfs and turns here beard black until i get her out. Then all she wants to do is run around.

She has never acted like this before and im worried something may be wrong. I have checked her temps and they are the same as always, the bulbs are fine, she shed a little a few days ago-(6 days) so by now i would hope she would be back to normal again. The most worrying part of it is the fact she doesn't want to be in here enclosure and seems to be very jumpy when trying to pick her up. Normally she is very cuddly but recently she doesn't want to know.

I started a new job this month but she is at home with other people for company, and is eating etc as normal. I cleaned her enclosure with animal safe chemical cleaners, she gets out for a few hours in a day spread out over the day and usually sits on the window watching the neighbors but even that doesn't seem to work.

Should i be worried or is this a normal thing based on the time of year or something? I cant feel any eggs in her belly so I don't think she is gravid, and when i put her in a dig box she just tried to jump out of it.

She is around 2 years old but we cant be exactly sure on age - Vet thinks 2-3 years based on her size.

Sorry i might be worried about nothing but any help even to ease my mind is appreciated.
This is normal behavior for some --- my Hiccup is doing this right now as well --- it will be like this for a month or so -- drives me crazy --- if you can get her out for a couple of hrs and that should help -- I call it spring fever --- zoomies

scotth1132

Original Poster
This is normal behavior for some --- my Hiccup is doing this right now as well --- it will be like this for a month or so -- drives me crazy --- if you can get her out for a couple of hrs and that should help -- I call it spring fever --- zoomies
She's worse than a child sometimes. :ROFLMAO: Is there anything i can do to help. Like stop her getting a black beard etc? I'm worried if she jumps in the tank that she will fall and hurt herself? she seems to like to run and hide too. She spent 20 minutes under the table today just watching what was going on.

And thanks again for the help. Seems like I'm always bugging you for something @KarrieRee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She's worse than a child sometimes. :ROFLMAO: Is there anything i can do to help. Like stop her getting a black beard etc? I'm worried if she jumps in the tank that she will fall and hurt herself? she seems to like to run and hide too. She spent 20 minutes under the table today just watching what was going on.

And thanks again for the help. Seems like I'm always bugging you for something @KarrieRee
She has a black beard? Shes in distress or pain --- what are you using for your lighting? UVB ? basking bulb?

scotth1132

Original Poster
She has a black beard? Shes in distress or pain --- what are you using for your lighting? UVB ? basking bulb?
Yes. It seems to be if I put her back in her enclosure. Like she is annoyed that I stopped her running around and having fun. UVB is Arcadia PROT5 39W 12% desert with a reflector and basking bulb is HabiStat Basking Spot Lamp, Screw, 100 Watt

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are you positive she is a female? Does she head bob or stomp her feet or anything like that? My male just came out of brumation a couple weeks ago and he is going girl crazy?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Here is how to sex her yourself.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 47

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom