Storytime: Rocky

I just read a story about a missing beardie and it motivated me to tell this story.
First, I am so happy the beardie was found (yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh Waylon!!!!)

When I take Rocky to his grandparent's house :love: he knows the lay of the land. However, when it's time for bed, he usually goes and hides under the dining room table. It's carpeted, there's a dark spot and there's heated floor (yes, Rocky feels as if he picked the wrong home).
When he sleeps in his bedroom upstairs, he is usually enclosed somehow. As I type this, why don't I let him sleep with me? Hmmmm

Anyways, one day I decided to take a shower first and leave him basking. He is not in an enclosure but has a little set up. By the time that I got out of the shower, Rocky was gone.
I started screaming- my first go to, right LOL
The door was closed and everything was Rocky proof, but I couldn't find him. I searched and searched...I screamed and I screamed.
Rocky had covered himself with the bedskirt and slept in the "darkness"- I didn't think to look here as the bed isn't one that he can climb under.

It was in this moment I wished he could respond. Rocky knows his name, but he is not that beardie that comes running towards me.

When I finally moved the bedskirt, Rocky looked at me like WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM-
He then looked at me like, "light off please."

Because he thinks I have no marbles, he isn't alarmed by me screaming his name (hence the reason why I didn't get a rabbit, the poor thing woud never survive)- but geez Rocky, you can't move your tail? Nothing?!

At the house, Rocky's common hiding spot is under his enclosure stand. He still goes there to date.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's scary when you can't find them.
Snicker Doodles slipped off a little bit ago and disappeared, we looked all over for her but didn't see her. We have a doggy door for scoobs so we thought she went outside. We are out there tearing the yard apart with no luck. I came back in and she was setting smack in the middle of the floor just looking at me like silly hooman. I have no friggen clue where she hid. That whole episode was like an hour maybe, i couldn't imagine days 😳

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Awwwwwwwwwww Waylon's hooman who found this post:love: I didn't tag you as I thought you would be somewhere still loving on Waylon. I am still so happy for you!!!

And @xp29 that's crazy. I know these beardies think we are the craziest! They don't talk but they surely think LOL

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Oh my I can relate to the panic and just fear when you can’t find them! Once I had accidentally left Cookie’s cage slightly open, and he must have just jumped out and went exploring, and after around 5 hours since I last checked on him, he was just no where to be found. Me, being that overprotective father, panicked and found him half an hour later just napping under my drawer 😅

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I think it would be the guilt for me- (or my mother the time Rocky tried to jump out the window due to her driving! LOL)
there's no way anyone can pull a switch a roo. We know beardies may look a like but the personalities definitely vary!

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom