Stone Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently traveled for Thanksgiving break. While I was gone, my beardie wandered over the the cold side of her tank close to when the lights went off and got stuck there because her body cooled down too much. She was stuck there for several days according to my roommate, and no one moved her. When I came home she was stone cold and lethargic. I have her under the basking spot now and she is warmer but still lethargic. Is there anything else I can do to help her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

I recently traveled for Thanksgiving break. While I was gone, my beardie wandered over the the cold side of her tank close to when the lights went off and got stuck there because her body cooled down too much. She was stuck there for several days according to my roommate, and no one moved her. When I came home she was stone cold and lethargic. I have her under the basking spot now and she is warmer but still lethargic. Is there anything else I can do to help her?
Make sure shes under the UVB as well --- hopefully she will warm up and start moving around - how long has she been under the basking light? And your UVB what are you using ? a coil or a tube ? and if a tube what brand and bulb T 5 or a T 8 ----

ECarroll25

Original Poster
Her lighting is fine, reptisun tube, t5 mounted inside the tank etc. She started to warm back up after only 30-45 minutes in her basking spot. She perked up after I gave her some food. She's almost normal temp now it's been a couple of hours.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her lighting is fine, reptisun tube, t5 mounted inside the tank etc. She started to warm back up after only 30-45 minutes in her basking spot. She perked up after I gave her some food. She's almost normal temp now it's been a couple of hours.
ok good no more lethargic good to hear shes eating too :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, so sorry that happened, but it sounds like she is going to be
just fine. You could keep her a little warmer overnight, around 75-80F
overnight, to help boost her system for awhile.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom