Stinky situation (more in post)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Amber is shedding her last part of her tail and she happened to poop today which I don't mind. But she stinks so I washed her gently in the sink and it stuck so I gave her a bath and she went again. And you guessed it her vent to the tip of her tail has a lingering stench too it. I'm sorta at a loss because I can't peel her tail (where it stinks) so I'm guessing this smell may stay till then. But it's not pleasant at all is there anything I can do too clean her without harming her tail? It is shedding same came off on her log/platform and some in the bath but that's it. Funny thing is one side of her enclosure smells and the other doesn't and I brushed it washed her decor walls etc but it won't go away 🤣🤣

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Amber is shedding her last part of her tail and she happened to poop today which I don't mind. But she stinks so I washed her gently in the sink and it stuck so I gave her a bath and she went again. And you guessed it her vent to the tip of her tail has a lingering stench too it. I'm sorta at a loss because I can't peel her tail (where it stinks) so I'm guessing this smell may stay till then. But it's not pleasant at all is there anything I can do too clean her without harming her tail? It is shedding same came off on her log/platform and some in the bath but that's it. Funny thing is one side of her enclosure smells and the other doesn't and I brushed it washed her decor walls etc but it won't go away 🤣🤣
Use some vinegar/ water 50/ 50 solution on the tank -- what are you using for substrate? You can wash her in some baby unscented shampoo it wont make her smell better but it will clean her --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Use some vinegar/ water 50/ 50 solution on the tank -- what are you using for substrate? You can wash her in some baby unscented shampoo it wont make her smell better but it will clean her --
She is clean there isn't any poop or urate on her it's just right at the very base of her tail. I use a mat I have done the vinegar in my Chubbs enclosure but with Amber she very very rarely goes in her enclosure. I just can't find where she must of went after I washed her gently in the sink. I mixed the vinegar and water I'll spray it down tomorrow if it's still there. She is relaxing in he hammock must be tired from running around all day

Also I haven't used this for ANYTHING but their decor and spot cleaning if Chubbs/Amber poops on their mats. Should I look for unscented baby shampoo or just use the vinegar for the decor and spot cleaning?

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_152005.jpg
    IMG_20220724_152005.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 50

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She is clean there isn't any poop or urate on her it's just right at the very base of her tail. I use a mat I have done the vinegar in my Chubbs enclosure but with Amber she very very rarely goes in her enclosure. I just can't find where she must of went after I washed her gently in the sink. I mixed the vinegar and water I'll spray it down tomorrow if it's still there. She is relaxing in he hammock must be tired from running around all day

Also I haven't used this for ANYTHING but their decor and spot cleaning if Chubbs/Amber poops on their mats. Should I look for unscented baby shampoo or just use the vinegar for the decor and spot cleaning?
You can wash her w/ the baby shampoo if you want- the vinegar and water should take the smell out- what kind of mat is in the tank?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can wash her w/ the baby shampoo if you want- the vinegar and water should take the smell out- what kind of mat is in the tank?
Rubber (I think) it's the zen habitat mat that goes with the zen habitat enclosures thankfully she shed 😅. She was running around like mad and then she shed her tail off (maybe 2" left to shed). The smell is gone now it was DEFINITELY the tail shed that stunk was a mix of urine/poop. I'll grab some baby shampoo and use that for future messes normally my beardies and their enclosures are very hygienic.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Rubber (I think) it's the zen habitat mat that goes with the zen habitat enclosures thankfully she shed 😅. She was running around like mad and then she shed her tail off (maybe 2" left to shed). The smell is gone now it was DEFINITELY the tail shed that stunk was a mix of urine/poop. I'll grab some baby shampoo and use that for future messes normally my beardies and their enclosures are very hygienic.
Ok sounds good --- the vinegar/ water should help w/ the smell on the rubber mat -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom