Stinky poop :-s

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimmsoclock87

Hatchling Member
:shock: are beardies poops normally really smelly?!

Its just the last few days ive noticed how bad it really is! might be that am not feeling great and every funny smell is making my stomach gurgle! :puke:

I clean it up straight away but it seems to linger in the viv.

Is there any sort of air freshner i can spray in there?! :lol:

reddragon1

Hatchling Member
how old is your dragon? soemtimes when they are old it stinks. have you had a fecal test done? might wanna think about getting one done if you havent. just to check for parasites and stuff cause that can cause stinky poop too.

pimmsoclock87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
don't know exact age but im guessing around 5/6months. he is about 8" head to tail.

Don't their poo normally smell tho? think i might get a test done just to be safe.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Health]

Beardie poop does have a smell to them, but if you can smell it from across the room and after cleaning it up, then it could mean that your beardie has some form of parasite or can't properly digest his food. The poop should not be runny or reddish in color, unless he'd eaten something that's red.

pimmsoclock87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Been to the vets and they tested his poo.

Turns out he had worm eggs in it :shock: but been given some medicine for him, Panacur liquid that he has to have for 3 days.

He has had 2 doses already and is ALOT brighter and not smelly any more so good new!! He is also now eating LOADS need to start buying in bulk i think :eek:

Thanks for all your help BD.org!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom