Stargazing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmariet47

I cannot tell if she is stargazing or if I’m being paranoid. The basking side is the perfect temp and she was basking everyday but the last few days she’s been going to the cool side of the tank.
111831-6802477790.jpg
111831-9761757054.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No she looks fine---- if shes hanging out on the cool side how are you taking the basking temps? No stick ons they are inaccurate---- digital probe thermometer is most accurate ---- what kind of UVB are you using? No coils please -- and is she basking at all ?

kmariet47

Original Poster
Basking temps 100-110. I use the T8 10.0 reptisun uvb but I did just order the T5. I think the cool side might me too hot as it fluctuates between 90-95. I use a temp gun though! Also, she does have coccidia, just waiting for vet to prescribe correct dosage or treatment.

kmariet47

Original Poster
And she was basking everyday! But hasn’t in two days now. I keep putting her on the basking side and she will hang for a bit without basking and move to the center of the tank or usually the cool side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the basking decor a hammock? If so the temp gun is going to give in proper temps- your going to need a digital probe thermometer for that--- something is off on that temp - I would say--- good basking temps for a juvie/ adult dragon are 95-100-- you want them to start digestion and not hot enough will not do that --- she shouldnt be moving away from that temp --- are you using a bright white basking bulb or a off white or yellowish basking bulb?

kmariet47

Original Poster
The hammock is on the cool side. I have a rock hideout that she can climb up for her basking spot. Her basking bulb is yellowish. I switch between a 150watt and a 150watt depending on how hot the outside temp is because the last few days where I live have been very hot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so please get a bright white basking bulb and watch those temps- the 150 may be too hot now - I would get the temp and keep it 95-100 see if that changes the behavior -- but the bulb need to be a bright white no yellowish off white color --- and make sure its a solid bulb no coil type

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is very possible she is getting too hot. An overall ambient temperature in the tank should
not exceed 80-82F just so she can cool off when needed.
Which T5 tube UVB did you purchase, the Arcadia or the Reptisun?

Tracie

kmariet47

Original Poster
I purchased the T5 Reptisun 10.0. She is still storing food in her beard before swallowing it or throwing up and the vet is dragging their feet on this because she wasn’t in the office but she does have an appointment tomorrow. The temp on basking side is now 95

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where is the T 5? If you have a fine screen mesh it needs to be inside the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- if its a WIDE HOLE it can sit on top w/ basking decor directly below 8-10 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wide hole --- so it can stay on top w/ distance 8-10 inches directly underneath-- make sure you change the bulb out in approx 11 months after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom