Stares at his light...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coley54

Hatchling Member
So, I have searched and looked both online and in the forum and maybe I'm not searching the right phrases. And I'm not sure if this is a behavior or a health thing so I guess we'll see what everyone says. Dracarys is eating fine (two to three times daily with proper gut loading and dusting. Mostly crickets but we throw in Phoenix worms some morning and of course greens daily.) He poos fine. He is in a 4x2x2 enclosure with tile substrate that is cleaned daily and has a reptisun 10.0 tube and a clear 40 watt bulb for heat. For night time heat, we use a CHE. I do not mist him (he gets baths) and I do not keep water in his enclosure ever. Hot side is kept at right around 110, sometimes 108 if the fan is on. Cool side is around 80. Anyhow, he will sit in his basking spot and cock his head to the side and stare at his light. Or when I'm feeding, he'll stop and just tilt his head and stare from the bottom of his tank. I brought him to Petsmart today to pick up my dogs medicine and was talking about Drac to a woman there and she asked me why he was staring at the light. Is my guy just weird and likes to look at the light or should I be worried? I've listened for the clicking sound when he breathes and haven't seen any abnormal gaping or 'runny' nose...I see no signs of a respiratory infection...thoughts???

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Oh boy. I wish someone had gotten back to you. I'm a newbie, but you better google Stargazing bearded dragons quick and see if that applies.

Coley54

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I did thank you! He's not stargazing it would seem...the pictures I've seen of stargazing beardies are pretty extreme. He doesn't watch the light like the stargazers...just seems mesmerized by it and turns his head only to view the light. I think he's just an oddball because he seems happy and healthy in all other areas.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Oh awesome. Yeah I reread your post, and I see he wasnt extreme like the stargazing photos. I named my dragon Helius Maximus Incendus cause he stares at the sun all the time. He doesnt stare at his basking light. But he will run up and star at my lit computer moniter. I guess they are all different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom