Staple veggies unavailable

zazo

I can't find any mustard, turnip or collard greens where I live. I know these are the staple veggies for bearded dragons. I have searched a lot of shops and online but in this part of the world (Dubai), I couldn't find any of them. All turnips in vegetable markets have already been cleaned out from their leaves. What other options do I have as staple veggies that I can feed daily?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I can't find any mustard, turnip or collard greens where I live. I know these are the staple veggies for bearded dragons. I have searched a lot of shops and online but in this part of the world (Dubai), I couldn't find any of them. All turnips in vegetable markets have already been cleaned out from their leaves. What other options do I have as staple veggies that I can feed daily?
What about kale? Kale is a good staple feeder and the info has been updated on this -- you can also feed argula or prickly pear leaves/ pads -- Nutrition Content

zazo

Original Poster
So I can feed Kale Arugula daily? I read Kale binds with calcium and reduces calcium absorption. Arugula is available in plenty here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I can feed Kale Arugula daily? I read Kale binds with calcium and reduces calcium absorption. Arugula is available in plenty here.
Yes feed kale it's been approved to feed and actually better than collards along w/ the arugula - prickly pear you can find on Amazon

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Hi, please allow me to borrow this post to ask about Kale. As Kale is rarely available in supermarket so I plan to plant myself. But when I want to buy the seeds, there are so many types of Kale available, may I know which one I should get?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_0806_000033.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0806_000033.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2023_0805_235857.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0805_235857.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 46

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi, please allow me to borrow this post to ask about Kale. As Kale is rarely available in supermarket so I plan to plant myself. But when I want to buy the seeds, there are so many types of Kale available, may I know which one I should get?
I dont think it matters - I was looking at the pic to see if I could see what is in the stores here -- but I am not seeing it -- I would go for the Siberian

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I normally get the Siberian so I would say Siberian kale would be great

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Hi sorry, but I read some sites saying Kale is having too many vitamin A. For example this link

Would you still advise that Kale can be fed as staple everyday? Thanks so much in advance because I've tried to buy collard greens seeds from overseas but not successful to grow it. I guess it is because it can't grow in my climate. But Kale seeds are very available here so I have bigger hope that I can grow it here. But first I need to make sure is it suitable as staple.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi sorry, but I read some sites saying Kale is having too many vitamin A. For example this link

Would you still advise that Kale can be fed as staple everyday? Thanks so much in advance because I've tried to buy collard greens seeds from overseas but not successful to grow it. I guess it is because it can't grow in my climate. But Kale seeds are very available here so I have bigger hope that I can grow it here. But first I need to make sure is it suitable as staple.
Kale is actually better than collards

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom