Stange Lesions, gray scales

Succulentkeeper3080

Beardie name(s)
Regal
I noticed strange lesions on my beardie today, the past few days I noticed he was shedding and left him alone to do that however I went to check today and saw strange holes on his arm, there doesn't seem like any yellow coloration, his poop is normal so is his personality, it doesn't seem like he's in any pain. I am concerned it may be crickets as he is fed those however he usually catches them all pretty quickly. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be going on and anyways I could help him or treat this before seeing a vet.
image000002(1).jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
@AHBD
@Drache613
they may be able to help, until then i think you can put raw unpasteurized honey on it.
Crickets will eat your beardie up, i recommend breaking down his habitat and clearing them out. You can bake logs and such at 200 degrees for 30 minutes or so to kill any hiding in holes or cracks. If your going to feed crickets, it's usually better to feed in a different place like a clear tote.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's possible that crickets did this , is there more than one lesion ? It's also possible that there was something that pierced him. Can you post pics of the entire enclosure ? And I agree to using raw honey on it but you'd have to be 100% sure that there are no insects hiding in the tank that would come out at night to attack. A vet visit might be best in case of the need for antibiotics.

Succulentkeeper3080

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Regal
It's possible that crickets did this , is there more than one lesion ? It's also possible that there was something that pierced him. Can you post pics of the entire enclosure ? And I agree to using raw honey on it but you'd have to be 100% sure that there are no insects hiding in the tank that would come out at night to attack. A vet visit might be best in case of the need for antibiotics.
He does have a much smaller one on his other arm, I took out all his tank decor and sprayed it down with diluted vinegar, for now he's going to be staying in an empty tank so I can monitor him and make sure there's no crickets hiding. None of the wood is likely to have pierced him but there's always a possibility that something could have happened.

Attachments

• PXL_20201217_214042505.jpg
    PXL_20201217_214042505.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 47

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah I don't see anything there unless he jumped up to the lighting and there was some metal or stiff wire somewhere. He still needs his basking log or other platform though so see what else you can put in for him. It can stress them out to have all their decor removed. You can use a couple of nice sized rocks from outside , wash in very hot soapy water and rinse. Or take a sturdy cardboard box and fix it so it can be used for basking.

Succulentkeeper3080

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Regal
Yeah I don't see anything there unless he jumped up to the lighting and there was some metal or stiff wire somewhere. He still needs his basking log or other platform though so see what else you can put in for him. It can stress them out to have all their decor removed. You can use a couple of nice sized rocks from outside , wash in very hot soapy water and rinse. Or take a sturdy cardboard box and fix it so it can be used for basking.
Yeah nothing like that is in there, I'll add back some of his more sterile items. Thank you so much for your help, I'll dress the wound in honey and keep a close eye on it. If it looks like it's getting any worse I will make an appointment at my vet asap. This is the first instance of something like this happening in the 5 years I've had him so I'm a little panicked lol, I also have little to no idea of the severity of his wound. I really appreciate your help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks painful for him! If you feed crickets in his tank, they are probably biting & chewing on
those areas. You can use a raw unpasteurized honey or an antibiotic ointment packed into the hole
to help with healing & to ward off infection.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom