Spring is here...

And Rocky knocks on his enclosure door at 8am every morning as if he has a job. Well, I guess it's my job to let him out. Rocky wants to greet the day. I can't get him on his regular schedule to eat, he eats when he feels like it but he is pooping and very active.
I fight with Rocky to ensure that he has the proper lighting. WHen he wakes up, he will bask from 5:30ish until 8 then BANG BANG BANG he is ready to go. Rocky will get a black beard until I let him out. I tell him to stop...I am totally wasting my breath. If I sit in front of him, he'll calm down for about 10 minutes then he wants out.
I decided to take Rocky for a walk. Rocky wont go in his harness and it's concerning because I carry him. I am scared to let him out.
Rocky holds on to me and is fine until he hears birds. You would think he would hide...nope, Rocky wants to scream, "HERE I AM"- I have to them chase Rocky while he circles around my neck and aims for my back.
Rocky is a rebel.
Any advice is welcomed because I tried to put him in timeout and it does not work!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You could try one of these maybe.
I'm surprised he isn't afraid of the birds, most of them are. Even the doves and pigeons scare the bejebbers outta all of mine.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
You could try one of these maybe.
I'm surprised he isn't afraid of the birds, most of them are. Even the doves and pigeons scare the bejebbers outta all of mine.
It's too hot, I have one (you should've know better) but you're right about the light weight one -THAT I didn't know, lol
Rocky pulls himself right on out- I literally stuff him in my shirt, I don't care. He comes out LOL
Could you imagine how crazy WE look- safety first.

I know, I am shocked about the lack of fear. Rocky is basically fearless. When I trip with him, he doesn't even try to save himself at this point. He relies on me too much.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Now that is trust!!! 😀

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So we tried to go for a walk again yesterday in the winter version @xp29 and Rocky crawled out. Rocky stayed home. I couldn't deal with the shenanigans - I just couldn't! I have no idea who this beardie is but he woke up from his semi-brumation a monster. He is looking at me type waiting for the clock to turn 8! He doesn't know that he's allowed to have the weekends off. Maybe during the chat today, we will have a beardie swap!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You would just miss him and swap back 🙂

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom