spots on underside???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased my beardie a month ago from a local pet store. I am assuming she/he (I don't know yet but I call her a "she") is about 3 months old, although I am unsure about that. She is 7 inches. When I first got her I noticed she had spots on her that slightly resembled a cheetah pattern. After her most recent shed I noticed that the spots on the underside got darker. Is this normal? Is having spots at all normal? I take her out every day for about 15 minutes. Could the spots be from stress? I don't think its a major health issue because she has had the spots the entire time I have had her and her behavior and appetite are both normal. I'm just worried and could use a second opinion as I don't want anything to happen to my baby!
I don't have a picture of when her spots were lighter, but here she is after her most recent shed (she still is shedding in a few places in the picture):
85335-9507577046.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The spots are often referred to as "stress marks". They are quite common with young dragons and I'm not convinced they actually indicate stress because they often appear without any other symptoms of stress or skittish behavior. They darken and lighten along with the rest of the body which is normal for them in order to absorb and reflect heat/light. As long as her activity level and appetite are good as you said, there isn't anything to worry about in my opinion.

Aberdeen43

Original Poster
Thank you cooperdragon! I don't think she is very stressed as she loves being held, only glass surfs when it is around her feeding time, and otherwise acts like a normal baby. You definitely assuaged my fears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom