Spooked and not eating.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Usually, a day of eating involves crickets, BSFL, dubias, superworms and mealworms and hornworms. They have a wide variety of food and always have something. This morning, neither of them were real interested in crickets. Toothless only ate a few and Nova didn't eat any which is way not normal for them. They ate some horn/super worms okay and even ate som dubias but not as enthusiastically as usually. Toothless has looked spooked all day, he's recently become terrified of our overhead fan, I think. The other day, when i turned it off, the blades slowing down scared the crap out of him and today, something scared him to the point where he scrambled across his tank like his tail was on fire and was desperate to escape. He was super super black and hid under a blanket on my chest for an hour and isn't real into eating much of anything today.

What can I do.? Just let them be and don't force food and just give them what they'll eat.? Or do you think they're becoming spoiled on worms and that's why the lack of interest in crickets.? Also, what can I do about the fan scaring Toothless.? He's spooked enough that he won't get off the rock he's "hiding" on.

Attachments

• 16704545415038825675757219631318.jpg
    16704545415038825675757219631318.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 81

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The fans can scare them, my first beardie Puff was terrified of them, they didn't even have to be on. I would try not to run it when he is awake, or maybe try running it on a higher setting so the blades are hard to see.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The fans can scare them, my first beardie Puff was terrified of them, they didn't even have to be on. I would try not to run it when he is awake, or maybe try running it on a higher setting so the blades are hard to see.
The thing is, the fan is nothing new to him. It's usually on and we don't turn it off often, it gets hot as hell in here without it but even when it's on, he stares wide eyed horrified at it. It's fast, you can't really see the blades but the lights do cast a wide-ish shadow of the blades, but not enough to affect his third eye. I just don't get why he's suddenly terrified of whatever it is or how to help.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hopefully he figures it out on his own, he got past the pictures 🙂 maybe he will the fan also. My male Zen was very timid until he was around 3 years old, now he is pretty mellow.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom