Spirochetes infection...darn it!

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Still gaining weight, eating his greens and dubias. He just turned 6 months and is now 450 grams. He is on day 4 of the Flagyl, and eating like a little piglet

Attachments

• 1679782018467.jpg
    1679782018467.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 66

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The classic beardie dilemma, if you use a shallow bowl the bugs escape, if you use a deeper bowl the beardie stands in it AND the bugs escape lmao.
He is a cutie. What is his gentics? He looks like a trans in the pic

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
The classic beardie dilemma, if you use a shallow bowl the bugs escape, if you use a deeper bowl the beardie stands in it AND the bugs escape lmao.
He is a cutie. What is his gentics? He looks like a trans in the pic
He is a polar hypo trans.
And he is a quite the eater.
I am still treating him for a spriochete infestation that I can't find any information about.

He is growing very quickly, and I hate that I am giving him treatment for something that I literally cannot find ANYTHING online.
He is doing well, but I am so worried.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What has your vet said about it? Have you brought up your concerns to your vet? Or asked them if they have seen any other dragons with spirochetes?

-Brandon

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
No. Trying to reach the vet today. I literally cannot find ANYTHING on this infection?
But, his stool has been very pretty since starting the treatment: drier (his stools had a lot of extra water).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I literally cannot find ANYTHING on this infection?
Well like I originally said, I've been here for quite awhile, and seen lots of dragons come through here, and can't say I recall ever seeing it come up.

his stool has been very pretty since starting the treatment
Also, he only had one odd poo. That is normal and you should expect throughout the rest of your dragons life that he will have the one-off odd poo here and there, just like every other living being :)

Stress/shedding/new diet item/hormones/just to scare you, are all valid and common reasons for an odd poo lol.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The trans i was pretty sure about from the pic, hypo i kindda suspected, polar surprised me 🙂 he is definitely a beautiful dragon 🐉 😍

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Not sure if this helps, but I found a paper on spirochetes. It's not a specific bacteria but a type of bacteria. This article talks about species that infect humans like Lyme and Syphilis.
Thank you so very much! He got through treatment, and was not happy about it. They want me to bring another stool sample in, and I am kind of reluctant to do so.

He is 6.5 months, 450 grams and 19 inches long. Growing like a champ, and he seems happy.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Thank you so very much! He got through treatment, and was not happy about it. They want me to bring another stool sample in, and I am kind of reluctant to do so.

He is 6.5 months, 450 grams and 19 inches long. Growing like a champ, and he seems happy.
The only articles I found on this species of bugs in beardies, were articles about it causing pharyngitis? If this were the case, with a sore throat, he wouldn't be eating like the piglet he is.

I am still stumped.

Thank you for searching articles about this.

At this point, I feel like I may need to leave well enough alone.

Attachments

• 1680646648916.jpg
    1680646648916.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 55

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom