Spike is dying ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjpetriel

Of all the stupis mistakes we've made that SHOULD have killed him... I don't understand...

3 hours ago, he was normal and happy..
We went to out for 2 hours... when we got back, he was almost dead under his basking light on the floor of his enclosure...

His beard is black, 1/2 his tale is black.... He is just on the edge of life..

Just yeasterday he actually started eating collard greens..

After we left, my daughter fed him some collards. The best we could figure is that either she had wet hand sanatizer on her hands OR she didn't wash the collards.

kjpetriel

Original Poster
Whole house is crying...
To pasify my autistic child, we've put him back in his enclosure and we will be sure when riggers sets in by the morning..

There will be a spike 2, but unlikely to every find another with such personality..

Meantime, we'll let the kids morn for a week or two, then try again.

I want to thank everyone for the advice we've gotten over the last 2 1/2 months.

All my best,
Kevin

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry, I know how much it hurts when they die. It doesn't matter how long or short a time that we've had them, they crawl into our hearts and stay they and when they die, their memories stay in our hearts.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so very sorry to hear about Spike. Your whole family must be very lost without him. It's hard not knowing what caused the death. We are here if you feel like talking and to offer any advise you might need when you decide to get another one.

RIP Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom