Species

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
ive been wondering lately what species my bearded dragon is i got him from petsmart and they didnt know his gender nor where he came from i had to figure out if he was a male or not, hes this bright yellow with reddish orange zigzag stripes down his back connecting to his tail, anyone know?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Coming from petsmart he is going to be 99.99% pigona viticeps. Color doesn't tell species or genetics, just morph. Genetics is going to display as stuff like translucent, hypo, leatherback, zero, witnlitz, ect. Post picks and we can help you identify any specifics.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
20221018_175442.jpg

Attachments

• 20221018_175442.jpg
    20221018_175442.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Your beardie is a normal scale, and i don't see any visible mutations, so i would say normal there also. It could be het for anything thought but the only way to know would be to prove it out throught breeding.
Its still a very gorgeous beardie though.
It's adult colors will likely be beige and orange, but you can never really be sure till they are done growing.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Your beardie is a normal scale, and i don't see any visible mutations, so i would say normal there also. It could be het for anything thought but the only way to know would be to prove it out throught breeding.
Its still a very gorgeous beardie though.
It's adult colors will likely be beige and orange, but you can never really be sure till they are done growing.
okay thank you i was just curious about him and i have faith he will grow to be beautiful :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The ugliest beardie ever hatched was still beautiful 😆 🤣
If you are new to beardies, maybe go over your habitat setup and feeding habits, list your lights, uvb what type it is , long tube or coil/compact and distances. Your basking , type of bulb and basking temp, and cool side temps and how your taking them. (Both are absolutely critical to a beardies health) what type of feeders your using and how many you feed. And what your using for calcium and multivitamins.
There is a lot of folks here that can give you pointers if anything is off just a little.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
The ugliest beardie ever hatched was still beautiful 😆 🤣
If you are new to beardies, maybe go over your habitat setup and feeding habits, list your lights, uvb what type it is , long tube or coil/compact and distances. Your basking , type of bulb and basking temp, and cool side temps and how your taking them. (Both are absolutely critical to a beardies health) what type of feeders your using and how many you feed. And what your using for calcium and multivitamins.
There is a lot of folks here that can give you pointers if anything is off just a little.
Yeah later on today ill upload a photo of everything

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
This is his tank please let me know if something is wrong

Attachments

• 16669530371073627264953244679186.jpg
    16669530371073627264953244679186.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 16669530930002189230544536096138.jpg
    16669530930002189230544536096138.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 16669531133262873803867081499499.jpg
    16669531133262873803867081499499.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 58

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Those dail thermometers are not accurate please get a digital probe thermometer to ceck basking temps. For a baby it needs to be 105 to 110.
I can't see the uvb in your pics. If you are using a coil/compact, please get a long tube. The screw in obes that go in the domes are no good. The Arcadia pro t5 desert 12% are good (24 inch) or the ZooMed 10.0 t5, but i have had trouble with the ZooMed fixtures so i use the Arcadia. Otherwise you setup looks nice.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh he is probably thinking to himself about the 🧚‍♀️ "I'm going to have you for lunch, err have you over for lunch" lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom