Spaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 10 month old bearded dragon, her name is Newt. I took her to the vet a couple of weeks ago to get her toe checked out. And they told me that she would probably start laying eggs soon. They recommended spaying her, and I was going to do it but I looked it up and I saw that it was a dangerous surgery and that some bearded dragons die. I don’t want her to have any complications when laying eggs. I don’t know what to do!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get a new vet? They dont recommend spaying a dragon unless ABSOLUTELY necessary
You need to talk w/ AHBD or Drache613 about this issue -- Drache613 or Tracie is our vet tech mod - you can PM them both find their names on the board and the profiles will come up find the PM on the left side of the page

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I noticed your thread here.
I agree with Karrie. While it is always good to keep options open, for now, I would recommend
waiting to consider getting her spayed. Some females never lay eggs while others do.
They do have complications with laying but most of the time if husbandry is correct & they are
getting adequate calcium, etc they are able to lay normally without complications.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom