Spay recovery-sunken eyes/fat pads but still looking around tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, I wondered if you were in the UK. The tint of yellowish on the urates is pretty normal. As long as
they are not rock hard then she should be hydrated. You are using Nutrabol right now? The Nutrabol
is a mixture of calcium & vitamins, correct? I would recommend using the Nutrabol once, maybe twice
weekly to avoid giving too much supplementation. I would give the plain calcium 2-3 times weekly.
A nice balance between the two, should be good. Just monitor the urate hardness to decide whether
or not to dial down the frequency.
I have not personally used Arcadia brand of supplements but, their lighting is stellar! So, I would be
inclined to believe that their supplementation line should be of good quality as well.
Did you contact the vet regarding the Enrocare?
Let us know how Bee is doing! You are doing a great job with her. 💞

Tracie

Jessss

Original Poster
Hello,

Ok, I wondered if you were in the UK. The tint of yellowish on the urates is pretty normal. As long as
they are not rock hard then she should be hydrated. You are using Nutrabol right now? The Nutrabol
is a mixture of calcium & vitamins, correct? I would recommend using the Nutrabol once, maybe twice
weekly to avoid giving too much supplementation. I would give the plain calcium 2-3 times weekly.
A nice balance between the two, should be good. Just monitor the urate hardness to decide whether
or not to dial down the frequency.
I have not personally used Arcadia brand of supplements but, their lighting is stellar! So, I would be
inclined to believe that their supplementation line should be of good quality as well.
Did you contact the vet regarding the Enrocare?
Let us know how Bee is doing! You are doing a great job with her. 💞

Tracie
Thank you for the quick reply! 🐝
Yea it’s a mix of calcium and nutrients,At the moment I have no calcium as the woman told me not to buy any but will get some.I just got off the phone to the vets and my vet isn’t back until Monday but I have booked a phone call for then.should I carry on with enrocare until Monday or leave off? The problem is bee has a history of taking a while to get rid of infections so I am very paranoid about her getting any kind of infection.She has been opening her mouth more recently which I did mention to the vet but she said if she has a uri or one coming the enrocare should take care of it.Other than that she seems happy and eating well,still haven’t been giving harder foods and am not sure when to reintroduce them? Thank you again! 💞

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No problem at all! Yes, I would recommend getting just some plain calcium. The nutrabol is good but just
to be sure he doesn't get too much vitamins & not enough calcium, I like giving them separately.
If you wanted to continue with the enrocare for a few more days that should be fine. It doesn't seem to be
bothering her, & her appetite is good also. Does it seem like she is digesting normally? Are you giving any
worms yet?
You could get some bee pollen to help boost her immune system, if you can find that. It should be at most
local health food stores or maybe a drug store/chemist, etc.

Talk soon,
Tracie💞

Jessss

Original Poster
Hi everyone,it’s been a while since I’ve updated on bee! She’s doing very good and back to her usual self,no more black beards and off all her medications :) I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for all of the help with bee and am very thankful for this website! @Drache613 I’ve also added a picture of bee just after her spray (finally figured out how to post picture 😂) it’s a bit graphic but hope it helps/is of interest to someone! Thank you again :)

Attachments

• E67CE98F-A634-4F4E-B8A8-CB0D1BA8F433.jpeg
    E67CE98F-A634-4F4E-B8A8-CB0D1BA8F433.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 81

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

WOW that is a lot of eggs, poor Bee! I'm happy to hear she is doing so much better & is getting
back to normal. Thanks to you, taking care of her how you did, she has to be so grateful for your
love & attention.:)💞
That's great she is off of her medications now. We love pictures so definitely feel free to post more
pictures & updates of her anytime!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom