Spammer Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
The drug spammers are pretty obnoxious lately. I know some other forums require admin approval of a first post or some sort of limits until people prove they are real. Or even if there was some sort of 'report spammer' and if enough folks report the same person it automatically disables their account and hides posts until a mod can verify? I'm not savvy on the IT side of it, so just dumping some ideas.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
There is a way to report spammers though their thread can only be reported by one person. The moderators take a look when they have a chance and remove the spam. Next to the quote button on everyone's post their is an !. Click on that and it will take you to a page where you can report the spam.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
zandi202":20hjii3o said:
There is a way to report spammers though their thread can only be reported by one person. The moderators take a look when they have a chance and remove the spam. Next to the quote button on everyone's post their is an !. Click on that and it will take you to a page where you can report the spam.
Thank you so much for taking the time to report each and every one of Ethen163's spam posts! That must've took forever, but much appreciated.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Thanks, bit there were still a bunch more that I never got around to reporting. He was all over the site.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
For future reference, to make you wonderful reporters' lives easier, if you report even just one of the posts, we can find all of the others simply by visiting their profile page, then subsequently move them from the active forums.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
To clarify, reporting just one for each unique username will get us onto them. We can easily track down all their posts from that point. So, if you see 3-4 usernames spamming, and want to report, just one per username will direct us to clean all posts for those 3-4 accounts.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie":1k3pjz6h said:
To clarify, reporting just one for each unique username will get us onto them. We can easily track down all their posts from that point. So, if you see 3-4 usernames spamming, and want to report, just one per username will direct us to clean all posts for those 3-4 accounts.
Yes, that's what I meant to say. Thanks for clarifying, Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom