Sorry - new owner, poop question with photo

BethMushu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi, just got our first dragon a week ago. Mushu is about 3 months old. Vets have been busy, so first visit not until Wednesday, but I'm really concerned about progressive of his poop and if we are doing something wrong?! We feed daily crickets dusted with (probably too much) calcium. We let him eat as much as desired twice a day (probably 15 large crickets) plus add greens to the cage, like Endive, carrots. I have his cage and photo in my profile.
He has pooped every overnight.
This photo shows his first poop coming home, next day has some yellow, then yesterday was more of a pile than a log and dried overnight, and this morning's (in his food dish over some leftover Endive leaves) seems like a need. Is this normal?
Thank you so much for any insight!!

Attachments

• 20220820_100645.jpg
    20220820_100645.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 114

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, just got our first dragon a week ago. Mushu is about 3 months old. Vets have been busy, so first visit not until Wednesday, but I'm really concerned about progressive of his poop and if we are doing something wrong?! We feed daily crickets dusted with (probably too much) calcium. We let him eat as much as desired twice a day (probably 15 large crickets) plus add greens to the cage, like Endive, carrots. I have his cage and photo in my profile.
He has pooped every overnight.
This photo shows his first poop coming home, next day has some yellow, then yesterday was more of a pile than a log and dried overnight, and this morning's (in his food dish over some leftover Endive leaves) seems like a need. Is this normal?
Thank you so much for any insight!!
For a 3 month old dragon the crickets might be too big --- please show him w/ a cricket beside him - you do not want him impacted --- feed insects no bigger than the space between the eyes please -- the calcium needs to be dusted lightly coated on the bug 5 x per week ONCE per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene lightly coated 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -- please feed the salad first thing in the morning - rinse the greens before serving he will get hydration thru that -- you want to keep him hydrated and his poop will tell you if he is or not -- you want formed moist dark poop w/ the urate formed moist and white -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
I recommend getting him over on dubia roaches - they are a better cleaner feeder - easier to keep and cheaper - especially on line www.dubiaroaches.com also I would get him some BSFL or nutri grubs on this website - they are another staple and a great compliment to the roaches - feed as many as you want do not dust them and I would feed large they are a smaller worm type - larvae -- you will need a bowl to feed in like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d they are great salad bowls -- you can get a 10 gallon aquarium and order like 200 roaches feed them dubia food along w/ dubia dew and what ever your feeding the dragon as well EXCEPT carrots do not feed both it is too much Vit A--- one or the other please -- I feed my roaches and super worms carrots but not the dragons-- watch his poop the next few days and see what it does -- he is in a new environment so it may effect the poop some but his diet will for sure --- for now it looks ok a little mushy today but please make sure of the size of the insects / bugs - look at the chart on the roaches website and go from there

BethMushu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
For a 3 month old dragon the crickets might be too big --- please show him w/ a cricket beside him - you do not want him impacted --- feed insects no bigger than the space between the eyes please -- the calcium needs to be dusted lightly coated on the bug 5 x per week ONCE per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene lightly coated 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -- please feed the salad first thing in the morning - rinse the greens before serving he will get hydration thru that -- you want to keep him hydrated and his poop will tell you if he is or not -- you want formed moist dark poop w/ the urate formed moist and white -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
I recommend getting him over on dubia roaches - they are a better cleaner feeder - easier to keep and cheaper - especially on line www.dubiaroaches.com also I would get him some BSFL or nutri grubs on this website - they are another staple and a great compliment to the roaches - feed as many as you want do not dust them and I would feed large they are a smaller worm type - larvae -- you will need a bowl to feed in like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d they are great salad bowls -- you can get a 10 gallon aquarium and order like 200 roaches feed them dubia food along w/ dubia dew and what ever your feeding the dragon as well EXCEPT carrots do not feed both it is too much Vit A--- one or the other please -- I feed my roaches and super worms carrots but not the dragons-- watch his poop the next few days and see what it does -- he is in a new environment so it may effect the poop some but his diet will for sure --- for now it looks ok a little mushy today but please make sure of the size of the insects / bugs - look at the chart on the roaches website and go from there
Thank you for the response. New mommy worries. I think you are right about crochet size!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom