Sore on foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this sore on my girls foot. I'm not sure when it appeared but I noticed it a few minutes ago while she was out roaming. I never keep uneaten insects in her tank so I don't think its a bite from something. She has been glass surfing and trying to escape her tank, like crazy, since she has woken up from brumation. She's been eating good and has a new uvb.
I am not sure what could have caused this but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.
Is there anything I could do to help it heal?

103630-3698306293.jpg
103630-5821020477.jpg

Set up includes:
40 gallon breeder
24in reptisun t8 10.0 just replaced a few days ago
100wat basking bulb that can be raised or lowered to adjust Temps if needed
Substrate is non adhesive shelf liner
Temps: basking 95°-100°f cool side 75°-80°f and warm side 85°-90°
Main diet includes: arugula bokchoy dandelion greens mustard greens and collard greens
Bslf, dubias,
Repashy calcium plus every other day in salads
She also gets fruit and diffrent veggies on her greens a few times a week and also supers and hornworms occasionally

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure what that is -- girls foot? Do you have more than one dragon? If so are they together in the same tank? Your UVB is it inside the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches from basking decor? I am going to have another one here take a look at the foot

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
No other dragons and the uvb is atleast 6 inches away from her hammock and rock. I'm thinking she may have scratched it on her rock or log because she been very roughly running around her tank since she has woken up from brumation. I tried to get a better picture but she just kept running away to explore.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok that would explain it then -- they get really rambunctious after brumation full of energy I call it spring fever--- are you letting her out to run or sit in the window for a few hrs / day to get the energy out?

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
She comes out about twice a day. I put her away when she starts to feel cool or finds a spots and tries to go to sleep.

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
She now has a sore on her mouth/ chin area. I was away for most of today and also last night.
I came home to find her with another sore.
103630-3426289121.jpg
103630-8545404989.jpg
The one on her foot also now looks very dry and looks like it might start to crack soon.

Is there anything I could treat it with to help it heal and make sure it does not get infected?

SPandS

Juvie Member
Raw honey is very good at healing things, just make sure there are no bugs in the tank over night.

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
There are no bugs in tank. I believe these are from her glass surfing and zooming around the tank excessively since waking up from brumation.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Sorry I wasn't saying there were bugs, I meant if you use honey make sure there are no bugs as they will go after the honey and bite.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Neosporin without pain relief. Betadine can also be used if you want to clean it so it doesn't get infected. I think just watching it and making sure it isn't getting worse should be ok though.

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
This is what her chin area looks like today. I cannot tell if it is getting better or not. It doesn't look as bad in real life as it does in the picture tho. I have put neosporean on it at night after her lights go out a few times when it looked very raw. She is still glass surfing but not as excessively.
Would anyone be able to give insight as to whether it looks better or not?
The on on her foot looks a lot better than it did.

103630-4314054805.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would say the glass surfing is causing the chin deal- I would try some raw unpasteurized honey like manuka- it will promote healing just please do not leave crickets in the tank they will go straight for the chin -

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
Yeah I know it's from the glass surfing. And I never leave un eaten bugs in her tank and she doesn't get crickets so she's safe there. Thanks for the info!

I will try to get some of the honey asap. I will have to call around and see if anywhere in my area has any. I live in a small town and can usually only get the most basic items. I acutlly grow most of her food because the only staples we can get here are collard greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom