Soon-to-be Beardie, MBD?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardienatic

Hatchling Member
Hi guys!

I wasn't sure whether to post this in introductions or is health, its a mixture of both.
So, this is my future bearded dragon that I will be getting in about 2 months. I just got sent these photos by the people who currently own him/her (they don't know the gender and I'm not bothered), and I'm worried about the beardie's mouth. Does that look like the start of MBD, or..? If it is something serious I will need to work out a plan, just wondering if I'm being paranoid since this is my first beardie, or if something is actually wrong. Please help!!
Here is the link to the photos: http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/lily369/media/IMG_5782_zps10wggkvt.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

(sorry, I don't know how to post photos :roll: )

Thank you in advance! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....he/she is a cute little beardie but there's a definite calcium deficiency/MBD going on. He looks a bit thin unhealthy , not beyond rehabilitation but you can't be sure what his status will be as far as lethargy, lack of appetite, etc. When you can see something wrong physically there is something going on internally, too. Can the current owners send you a video of him moving around, eating, etc ? Then you can see better if any of his limbs look like they are affected, too. Ask the owners exactly what lights he has and what supplements they give him.....he is still growing so the problem may continue to worsen slightly over the next 2 months.

Of course you may actually want to get a beardie that needs help, and this one does. It may be as simple as better nutrition, lighting + over-all care. A little bit of misalignment/malformation of the jaw may not be serious but will not reverse itself but as long as it's halted he can still live a reasonably healthy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom