Something about nothing....

I went to the pet store to buy Rocky that new couch- it's adorable but he's too big for it so I have to take it back. As Rocky is brumating, I feel cheated out of a pet. He is still napping (not really brumating) as he gets up every few days then resumes his nap. I feel cheated out of a pet.
I am patiently trying to let Rocky get what he needs out of life which is apparently a break from my smothering ways.

While in the pet store, I looked around (just because- no intentions of purchasing anything). There were only fish, Guinea pigs, parakeets available and one very active snake. It made me wonder if reptiles weren't shipped in the north due to the cold? Or perhaps they were sold out due to the holiday.

Like I said, this is something about nothing because Rocky has abandoned me-

Oh, when we visited my parents last week, Rocky ran towards my mother and still hates my father. My father realized that he hides from him because as soon as he leaves the area, he comes out and enjoys the area.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I feel bad for your dad........ maybe you can talk him into getting his own beardie.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Awwwww that’s just sad how Rocky is scared of your dad! My boys just like everyone, except for Cookie, who only likes me because I’m his bean provider and egg maker

Skittles567

Beardie name(s)
Spike, Electra
Ugh! Brumation! 🙄 :cry: I keep telling my guy that he doesn’t need to do it, but he doesn’t listen. Last year he slept for four months straight, waking briefly only once. He officially went into his hide a couple of weeks ago after being a sleepy lethargic blob for over a month. I expect I won’t see him again until 2023.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Awwwww that’s just sad how Rocky is scared of your dad! My boys just like everyone, except for Cookie, who only likes me because I’m his bean provider and egg maker
My dad stands over him and yells in a deep voice "ROCKY ROCKY" waiting for him to answer. I try to tell him differently, but he doesn't listen. I gave up!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Ugh! Brumation! 🙄 :cry: I keep telling my guy that he doesn’t need to do it, but he doesn’t listen. Last year he slept for four months straight, waking briefly only once. He officially went into his hide a couple of weeks ago after being a sleepy lethargic blob for over a month. I expect I won’t see him again until 2023.
We are home now and he's on his rock basking. He's ate some and I'm letting him. Rocky wouldn't sleep in his bed last night but I made sure to put him in his enclosure first thing this morning. He has the sexy legs going on right now. I'm extremely happy staring at him as I type this.
2023?! Hang in there...I've been a mess but I think I am getting stronger each day.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavenbeardies
Top Bottom