Somebody Please help me Transport this Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yay! You did it! Thanks to all who played a part in this sweet dragon's rescue. Looking forward to updates on her condition. :D

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
yes, I would love to hear updates on her also. How sad. :( This is the reason I don't want to breed or sell babies anymore. I hate the fact that there are so many people out there that just don't care for them. It breaks my heart.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Dude that video seriously made me Cry, which isn't freaking easy to do. 21 Year Old Male, Covered in Tattoo's and Piercing's, Get's Beat up for the fun of it, but this just kill's me. It just pisses me off people are f#cking stupid and can let anything living get in that kind of condition. I'm happy you found it and pretty much gave it a New better chance at life. I mean I've seen A LOT of Neglected Animal's Rep's Beardies, but that was the worst thing I have ever seen. I hope she make's to a nice old age at the Rescue Place.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
RuselBro":3cpbp9u9 said:
Dude that video seriously made me Cry, which isn't freaking easy to do. 21 Year Old Male, Covered in Tattoo's and Piercing's, Get's Beat up for the fun of it, but this just kill's me. It just pisses me off people are f#cking stupid and can let anything living get in that kind of condition. I'm happy you found it and pretty much gave it a New better chance at life. I mean I've seen A LOT of Neglected Animal's Rep's Beardies, but that was the worst thing I have ever seen. I hope she make's to a nice old age at the Rescue Place.

It's cool man. It's shows you have a heart. Last week I lost my English Bulldog to a heart attack and I cried like a baby for a week and wimpered at times at the drop of a dime. I'm 43 and my son and wife have never seen me cry.
The dragon is actually doing amazing with Shanny at the rescue. She is eating has put on weight and is much more alert. She moves much better although not 100% yet she has made a huge improvement.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
I'm sorry to hear that man. I had a Dog that I got as Puppy and I was 4 when I got him, and he lived to be 17 year's Old, I'm 21 now. But he passed a few month's ago.

But I and I'm sure other's would love to see a Video of the Rescued Beardie from Shanny in say a Month from now just to see how much she has Improved and everything.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
RuselBro":mb9aem2u said:
I'm sorry to hear that man. I had a Dog that I got as Puppy and I was 4 when I got him, and he lived to be 17 year's Old, I'm 21 now. But he passed a few month's ago.

But I and I'm sure other's would love to see a Video of the Rescued Beardie from Shanny in say a Month from now just to see how much she has Improved and everything.

I would love to see an updated video.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I just saw this thread today! Jose was this dragon's savior, buying her so she could have a better life. She deserves it...! She's so sweet and easy to care for. She had been extremely subdued and quiet for the first week, not quite depressed but definitely resigned to her fate. Then she started to perk up. Maybe it was a bit of relocation stress.

Today she actually moved her right leg significantly while trying to crawl. There was less of a struggle to move a few inches, and her legs appear to be helping her move and not holding her back like before. It's so exciting to see her move that leg. The left leg is moving slightly, but that right leg is trembling and jerking and moving! :blob5:

She has been getting several different kinds of calcium. The liquid calcium glubionate one day, and then a liquid cal + mag the next day. I also sprinkle into her baby food a calcium complex that has serrapeptase and 3 other kinds of calcium. She gets a probiotic and bee pollen in her baby food also. I have been really working on hydration and thin liquids and foods. She had a lot of mucus in her mouth and throat and I took the first few days to just give liquid calcium, oral fluids, and I flushed her mouth with a syringe of warm water morning and night to get the mucus out. It has been a process with the mucus. I notice this thick mucus in dragons with severe MBD, and once it is flushed they seem to really do better. Once she wasn't doing the forced swallowing I started really feeding her. I feed her in bite-sized 0.2mL portions. Today she ate 11 of those portions, or just over 2.0mL of slurry. She won't eat live feeders. I have ground up live silkworms and syringe fed her those to help give some protein and also for the added serrapeptase to help with the MBD. I only started feeding protein about 10 days after having her to make sure her organs were working properly and she was making good regular poops and urates and could process the protein.

I have her housed in a very small plastic drawer because it has such short sides that she can get to the UV just laying there. Also I want her to not have much of a cool side, since she has trouble crawling and I want her to get proper heat and bask. I will be moving her into a 10 gallon once one of my rescue dragons is adopted out, hopefully next month, and that will give her a good 30 days in quarantine before she gets a more permanent enclosure.

I'll post a video this week so everyone can see her walk. I know Jose would be really excited to see her finally able to move. :D
8487771432_330f10c93f.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Esther19":qky3m224 said:
She's a sweetheart! Thanks for the informative update! She is such a fortunate girl to have you.

Jose was the real hero here for sure. I'm just giving her a place to crash. :oops: :D She's really easy to care for, much easier than any other rescue I have taken in. I am very lucky in that respect!

RuselBro

Juvie Member
She has to be The Cutest abused/disabled Beardie I have ever seen! I'm so glad she's doing better.
Do you think she will ever be able to fully walk as a Normal Beardie would, or at least have good crawl ability?

bumblebee

Juvie Member
I'm so glad to hear that she's doing well with you! She looks great, and she has beautiful coloring :D That's amazing that she moved her leg! Does she have a name yet?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Yes I do believe she will walk again. She is already moving her right left leg and helping to propel herself After she ate and had a bath today I put her on the wood floor of the rescue room and came back about 5 minutes later and she was about 1-1/2 feet away from where I put her. She is definitely moving a but, just not very much. She is so sweet and I hope she can improve to live a good life. :)

Momswims1

Juvie Member
That is the most amazing thing I have ever heard! I have been following this story from the first video that was posted showing how jelly like she was. I just cannot believe that this little animal is making a comeback!!!! :blob5:
How incredible of Shanny to give so much of her time and energy. We all know how much work a healthy dragon is, but one this sick...wow. I am truly touched. That litte baby must have a strong will to live.

Yesterday was my birthday and I have been sicker this week than I have ever been in my life, but reading this tonight was like a little gift. I have tears in my eyes.
God bless everyone who was involved in saving that courageous little beardie. Can"t wait to see a video.

LLBlue

That is great that she is gaining weight. It's too bad that she got in such bad condition, but it sounds like she is on the road to recovery.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
I just don't understand people... I mean seriously. how hard is it to research an animal before you buy one? Esp if you are spending quite a bit of money for this animal. ugh. I researched, talked to many different breeders, and different pet store owners getting as much info as I could before I got my baby! I am so glad she has someone who has gotten her out of her terrible situation and that she is doing better. thank goodness for people like you guys! You guys are seriously heroes!! Good for you!!! I cant wait for updates on her =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom